Chapter-31

Here's the most awaited one! Hope, you like it...❤

Cool breeze from the outside enters the room making the curtains fly with it

Cool breeze from the outside enters the room making the curtains fly with it. The wind plays with them and teases them as the curtains chase it. The wind travels further inside the room and blows Aditya's front hair making them covering his forehead but, he was so much engrossed in thinking something that the hair were the last thing for which he would be bothered.

He was siting on the window seat in his room. His back against the wall, one leg flat and one bent as his hand rests on it. He was holding a flower in his hand...a yellow dried out rose...and was observing it closely. He closed his eyes and felt its dried petals on his lips, on his eyelids, on his cheeks. He noticed every petal of it closely, very intently.

"Was that girl really Zoya?"

He closed his eyes and replayed the scene from years ago in front of his eyes. He paid attention to the girl's eyes and then compares them from Zoya's. Same hazel brown eyes... He closes his eyes again and compares their smile. Exactly the same... He touches its dark green colored stalk and tries to revive the girl's touch from his memories and compares it with Zoya's touch...when she held his hand...and he couldn't decipher the difference. He closes his eyes and rests his head back on the pillow supported against the wall.

Aditya walked on the footpath with his head down. He was crying since the last 24 hours endlessly and now tears have stopped coming out of his eyes. He never imagined his life wothout Shadow and now it has become his reality. He still felt him nudging his bare feet and circling around him. He was looking down at his feet when a yellow rose came in front of his eyes. He looked up at the person who was holding it and was met with warm hazel eyes. It was a girl...an year or two younger than him...and full of life.

She focused her eyes on the flower as he was staring at hers and he followed her eyes and saw the flower.

"Congratulations for your medal..." She said as she handed him the flower.

"Medal?" He asked confused as he analysed the flower.

"Yes...the ones on your knees...you are doing great...scars are like medals they are a reminder of our struggles and our achievements...Congratulations..." She said with a genuine smile which was contagious and unknowingly Aditya also started smiling. She moved past him as he kept staring at the flower deep in thought.

A yellow rose...symbol of care and happiness...

His eyes got filled as he felt someone's care for him after so long that too from a stranger.

The trees around him shed their leaves and again grew them. The sky changed thousands of colours as he kept on staring at the flower and noticed the change in himself. He grew up...

Zoya came walking to him from the mist and saw the tears in her eyes. He wiped the tears from her eyes with the back of his hand and she hugged him overwhelmed with emotions. The sun started setting and Aditya started moving back in his shell making Zoya sad. Zoya came and hugged him tight stopping his moment. She detatched her upper body from him and he cupped her cheek as clouds started floating around them. She closed her eyes and he leaned forward pressing his lips on her forehead, he hands rested on his chest. He looked into her eyes and got a flashback from few years back. Undoubtedly it was her. She took out a yellow rose from her back and said," I love you..."