Chapter-8

🙂❤

"Aditya, there is that vendor selling roasted corn

"Aditya, there is that vendor selling roasted corn..but it is across the road.."

"I will bring it...you wait here.." He said and went in the direction of the vendor. He crossed the road carefully and reached him.

Zoya saw him buying corn from the vendor. Her phone rang and she turned away from him, towards the sea talking on the phone. It was her mother's call. She was answering her every question just when she heard some strange sound from the road. She turned towards the road and saw people crowding around the vendor. She tried to locate Aditya in the crowd but he was nowhere to be seen. She cut the call and carefully crossed the road. As she was approaching the crowd, her heart rate was increasing with every step she took. She struggled her way through the crowd and saw someone's body laden with its own blood. 

"Aditya.." She whispered to herself and her insides clutched at the sight in front of her. The sight of Yash lying on the ground  covered with a white cloth came to her mind and then she looked at him.

"No...." She said loudly and moved towards him. She sat and kept his head in her lap and caressed his forehead.

"Someone please call the ambulance..please...!!!" 

"I will not let anything happen to you...not this time...not again.." She said assuring him. His eyes were closed and his face reflected pain..

"Aditya.." She called him shaking him a little.

"Open your eyes..I said open your eyes..are you listening to me..open your eyes.." She said in a dominating voice, which wasn't doing anything greater than paining her heart and throat a bit more.

"Call the ambulance..fast..!!!" She yelled on top of her lungs.

"It is on its way..it will be reaching soon.." A lady from the crowd came forward and told her.

"I am a medical student, apply pressure at the back of his head and please don't let him slip into unconsciousness..." She spoke further, to which Zoya wrapped her scarf tight around his head. It soon started drenching in blood. 

"Aditya..! Open your eyes..othe-otherwise it won't be good..Zoya Siddique is warning you..listen to me..open your eyes.." His hand was reaching his head and his face reflected pain. Zoya didn't loose her grip on his head.

"Look at me..!!!" She scolded him and he finally looked at her with half-closed eyes. She felt some relief, some.

"Don't shut your eyes Aditya..I'm with you..Please.."

"Aditya..." She said caressing his hair. "Nothing will happen to you..I will not let anything happen to you..nothing.." She said as if she was trying to assure herself more than him.

"Zo-ya.."

"Talk with me..don't shut your eyes..please..okay, tell me about...umm...your favorite color.."