Chapter-38

Here after long...Hope you like this ❤️

Hope you like this ❤️

Previously

"Go before I do something else." He threatens in a low voice. Aditya turns around now, facing me. He holds my hand and drags me out of the room along with him.

What the hell did I just witnessed? Is his dad bipolar or there's something else which he is hiding?

•••

We came out of the room into the corridor. Aditya closes the door shut and I peep inside to have a look at his father. To my surprise, he was looking out of the window with his back facing us.

"Does this happen every time?" I asked as I wasn't able to handle this confusion anymore.

"Most of it...I mean, it's not that I visit him daily...But, whenever I do, this happens..." He said looking around the corridor.

"And you let it happen?" His face turns to me and all I could configure out of his expression is confusion.

"I mean, you let him humiliate you and shout at you, whenever he wants...?"

"What can I do?"

"Stop him, of course."

"I can't Zoya...he is my father."

"So?" Does he even hear himself?

"You are not understanding..." He says to himself in a low voice as he looks down at his feet.

"No, you are not understanding, Aditya..." He looks up from his feet to my face. He opens his mouth to say something but I beat him to it.

"You need to get this thing in your head that he can't just insult you and shout at you whenever he wants even though if he is your father... You don't deserve it..."

"Then, what should I do? Fight back? Shout at him back?"

"No, but stand for yourself..."

"You are not understanding, Zoya...I can't be selfish... He's a heart patient..." He said moving away from me, hiding his face from me so that I don't see how vulnerable he feels. But, I can make it out from his voice. I know I'm pushing him, but it needs to be done.

"Sometimes, it's okay to be selfish, Aditya... And, it is not selfishness but self respect..." I speak in a soft voice.

"You may think that he has the right to talk to you in whatever way he wants, treat you how much bad he wants because he is your father, but the truth is. . .he never fulfilled any duty as a father... He left you alone to suffer... He left you when you needed him the most... He is the reason that you still get nightmares, he is the reason that you carry this constant pit of self doubt in your chest... I can't let him harm you more..." He turns abruptly and looks at me with shock.