Chapter-33

Here's the awaited...🌻

"You are lying

"You are lying." Zoya told him as she looked at him with surity in her eyes. Aditya looked at her with a shocked expression. She stood up from the floor making him also stand up.

"You can't love me...you are lying..." Aditya's world came crashing down as she told the truth herself. Hearing it from her just made it million times more painful for him. He closed his eyes shut trying to block her words.

"How can you love someone else when you don't love yourself." He opened his eyes in a jerk as her words echoed around him. She took his hand and dragged him to his bedroom which was the only room on the first floor.

She dragged him inside holding his hand as he trailed behind her, still dazed

She dragged him inside holding his hand as he trailed behind her, still dazed. She made him stand in front of the mirror. He kept looking at her with confusion and shock. Her hand reached his chin and made him look at himself in the mirror.

"Look at you...What have you done to yourself... Is this the same Aditya that told me to leave my past behind and move forward? Is it the same you? Look at the dark circles under your eyes, look at your...eyes... where is that liveliness which used to light up everyone's mood... Where is Mr.Toothy grin? Where is that Aditya? Huh? Where is that Aditya whom I met three years ago?... You told me to return the same old me to my parents but when will you return the same old you to yours...?" He looked at her through the mirror.

"You were the one who gave birth to this Zoya...the one standing with you...Do you remember how I was, some time back? You told me that I can't move forward without forgiving then...when will you forgive yourself...and that too for something that you never did? And, these marks... These suicidal attempts? Do you think your mother will like it seeing you in this state?" Aditya looked at her when realization struck him.

What was I thinking? He thought to himself.

"Do you think that she will be proud of yourself for just existing ? You know what, No! She would never want that! She wouldn't have even want that in her worst dream... She must've just wanted you to be happy and what are you doing? The exact opposite. You are drowning in your ocean of miseries, searching for a helping hand.
If only you knew, that the only hand you can trust is the one at the end of your own arm. Remember that? You only made me understand that, right? It's in your hands whether to continue living like this or make your mother proud of you...make her happy wherever she is... You told me that every bad thought, every nightmare is a game played by our mind...Will you let your mind win over yourself?" She cupped his face with hands and made him face her.