Chapter-35

Hope, you like it...❤️

Shelves of books expanded over the wall, as if they had been planted as seeds and grown by virtue of the sunlight that filled the room

Shelves of books expanded over the wall, as if they had been planted as seeds and grown by virtue of the sunlight that filled the room. The smell of the new and old books mingles together and floats in the air, entering people's nose and lingering there. Each shelf withholding million of stories. Some undiscovered and some heard over years. The rainbow colored spines of books peeked out of the shelves making their lover attract to them.

Zoya and Aditya were standing in a narrow lane, each side formed by the tall book shelf. Their one hand holding the books and the other searching for more.

"I think we should stop..." Zoya said eyeing the book shelf hungrily.

"I know...but I don't seem to..." Aditya said as he turned a book to read the back cover.

"Same, I become mad whenever I enter a book store..."

"And I thought I was the only one..." They both chuckled at the same time.

"If I keep adding more books, I will be broke soon..." She said taking a book out of its place.

"I think I already am..." He said laughing.

"Ok, let's stop...I don't want to read these books on the footpath..." She said keeping the book back in the shelf.

"I guess you are right..." Aditya said as he kept the book on top of his pile.

"I'm always right, there isn't any doubt in that..."

"Of course, there is!" He said looking at her dramatically widening his eyes. She stick her tongue out to him and passed a fake smile.

"How many do you have?" Aditya asked.

"Maybe...7,8,9...umm...11..."

"And I have um...10.."

"I won...." Zoya said grinning.

"Whatever... I'll be having those after some time...so it doesn't matter..." He stick out his tongue.

"And I'll be having yours!"

"Ya ya..." He said moving towards billing counter.

"Don't 'ya ya' me..." She said following him.

"Did I 'ya ya' you?" He asked keeping his fore finger at his chin and then said," Oh yes, I did!"

"You're gonna pay for this soon, Dr.Hooda..." She said keeping her book pile on the cashier's desk.

"Really Dr.Siddique?" He said taking out credit card from his wallet and giving it to the cashier to swipe.

"Oh yeah, ofcourse!" She said folding her arms across her chest.

"We'll see..." He said taking the bag in his hand.

"You'll eventually will!" She said opening her purse. Aditya grinned hard at her showing all his teeth.