Chapter-6

Hope, you are liking it :)

When the rain stopped, they started walking back to their respective houses with each other being at their side

When the rain stopped, they started walking back to their respective houses with each other being at their side. They were walking very cautiously to not slip on the slippery road.

"Zoya, see everything looks so clean now..right?"

"Yeah.." She said looking around.

"That is the thing about rain..it washes away everything...sometime it gives us trouble but, sometimes it relieves us of our pain..first the dark clouds come and overcast the earlier blue sky..they argue among themselves and this is when lightning strikes..when they can't take anymore water they drain out every ounce of it as rain..we should do the same..right? We are also human, Zoya..we do commit mistakes..sometimes so much grave that they cannot be undone...but we can't waste our entire life regretting about that..life is very priceless..you wouldn't know whether you'll be here tomorrow..so let's enjoy every bit of it..every moment..not just waste it thinking of the past..right?" He stopped and looked at her expectedly.

"Yes.." She said lowly nodding a bit too. He was happy to see that she answered with words and an enchanting smile graced his face.

They started walking again. She was looking at him in between and was trying to not get caught. Suddenly, her foot slipped and she lost balance.

'Oh god, my head!!!' She spoke in her mind. She shut her eyes closed so that she could ease some pain which she was about to experience just now. She opened her eyes when she didn't feel any pain and felt a warm hand under her head. She looked up and found him saving her. He also lost balance in order to save her and fell with her. He saved her head from getting hurt though. She looked at his eyes and found them starting in hers. They were so bright, sparkling but with something hidden in them. She wanted to find out that hidden emotion in his eyes but soon he started ignoring her eyes. She realized in what position they were and quickly got up.

"Thank you.." She muttered after getting up and didn't try to look back at him.

"I think it is enough for today..I should leave.."

"Should I drop you?"

"No thanks..I will catch an auto-rickshaw.." She said looking around.

"Oh, come on..you wouldn't find any right now..come I'll drop you..."

They both settled in the car and no one spoke a word. To make the atmosphere a little light, Aditya turned on the radio.

Abhi na jao chod kar..ke dil abhi bhara nahi...

Something hit Zoya when she heard the song and her eyes got filled with tears, almost immediately. A sob escaped her mouth and that's when his attention was captured by her. She was crying looking out of the window.

"Why are you crying Zoya? What happened?"

"No-Nothing.." She said and wiped her tears with her dupatta. He parked the car by the road's side and looked at her. 

"Tell me what happened. Did I do something?"

"No.." She said shaking her head.

"Then?"

"Actually, this was Yash's favorite song..."

"Oh.." He switched off the radio instantly.

"Do you need something?"

"No.." She said looking down in her lap.

He reached for the back seat and handed her a water bottle.

"It's as good as new." He said smiling at her. She took the bottle and drank a few sips.

"Thank you.." She said in a low voice.

"It's fine, Zoya." He said casually keeping the bottle back at the rear seat.

He started the car and stole glances of her in between. 

"When Yash died..." She started speaking shocking him.

"He wasn't alone...there was a lady with him too...th-they both were holding hands, very firmly...I tried to separate their hands but I was just unable to...still, I didn't trust the situation..I had so much trust in him that it couldn't be shattered just in a mere moment...I embraced his things and our sweet memories until one day...the day I received the divorce papers..the delivery boy said that the papers were to be delivered much earlier than they did. I opened the papers to find his signature already present there. I was shook. It means he wanted to divorce me much earlier when he was alive..he wasn't happy with me...he wanted to leave me.." She burst into tears saying all this. She started crying hiding her face in between her palms. He was not able to utter even a single word. He wasn't prepared for this.

He didn't say anything neither to comfort her nor to stop her from crying. He just let her be. It was only then that he said something when they reached her house. He stopped the car and turned in his seat to look at her. He offered her his handkerchief.

"Stop blaming yourself for his sins, Zoya..."

"Then why did he choose to have an affair? What was that thing in which I was lacking? You tell me what was in that lady that is not in me?"

"There is not a single thing lacking in you, Zoya it was in him. He didn't deserve such an angel like you. You are so chaste...so innocent..you were not for him...yes, you did a mistake and that was falling for a wrong man..but for how long are you going to punish yourself for the mistake that you made years ago..let it go..you have blamed yourself enough..you have punished yourself ENOUGH..it's time to finally live your life...World is a horrible place Zoya, we have to accept it no matter how much horrible it is. It is not here to help anyone, or to make their lives better. We will need to work all by our-self to make our life joyful...Our emotions are only in our head..we are their owner and it is our duty to make them joyful and ecstatic and not depressing...Sadness should not even be an option...I know that it will take time..but you will be happy with the outcome..return your parents the same chirpy, bubbly Zoya which that man snatched from them...do think about this.." He said.

"Bye.." was all she said and exited the car.

_________________________________________

Hope, you are liking it..the past is out and I hope you guessed it almost..it was obvious 😅..next chapter will be uploaded a little soon because it is going to be special, really special..I'm just hoping that you like it..

Please vote, comment and share if you like my work..plus thank you so much to them who already are showering this little book with so much love..❤

Do pay heed to what our Dr.Aditya says..have a lovely day..♥️