Chapter-17

Hey, so I'm back with an update...Hope you like it...❤️

Aditya was sitting in the temple kneeling in front of the marble idol, with folded hands and eyes closed

Aditya was sitting in the temple kneeling in front of the marble idol, with folded hands and eyes closed. He landed in Mumbai yesterday and couldn't seem to find any work to do. Earlier, he kept himself engrossed in so much work that he didn't had any free time in his hand but now he hardly has any work. He felt as if he will slip into depression if he kept thinking about his past. Everyone has a past, he does too. The only difference is some have it more rough than the other. He knows that people are out there with a more broken life than his and are still trying to live this life everyday. He wanted to have some peace, some peace of heart, he wanted...sukoon. So, he went up to the only place where he would go in his childhood whenever he felt low. A religious and a spiritual place. A temple was nearby to his place so he went there...greedy of finding peace as soon as possible.

"Please help me, God...I may ask for your help for the umpteenth time but I don't have anyone else to ask to for it...Ma told me that God is our father, you are our creator...my real father hates me and despise me...I only have you...I know I'm being selfish but I don't want to spend days and nights crying in every corner of the room...tearing up at the sight of a family...feel jealous of someone who has a family behind them...I want to live...please...help me live my life...and not just exist...only I know how much badly I want to go in the past and undo one silly mistake of mine...I want to, so badly...so much...if I haven't done that thing that day...everything would be different...I know I can't do anything about the past that's why I'm asking for your help to help my present and future...you know, I've decided something...that no matter what happens I'm never going to end my life with my own hands...I have still so much lives to correct and I will do that...I will again do that...help people with their lives...life is tough and I will make myself tough to face it...I will join my job again..." He whispered to himself and opened his eyes after uttering the last line. His eyes were red but they held something...determination. He stood up and wiped his tears wit back of his hand. He roamed in the ground around the temple for some time until he was fully satisfied.

•••

Aditya unlocked the main door of his house and entered inside. When he was about to call the hospital's number his stomach made some noise. He is hungry! Food first! 

He kept his mobile down and went into the kitchen. It was smelling horrible. His house has been closed for two years and no one was there to look after it. It is obvious for it to be like this. He cleaned is room yesterday and ordered the food from outside. He opened the fridge and rotten and mold-ridden things stared back at him. He controlled his urge to vomit. 

He put a cloth around his nose and mouth, wore gloves and took a big garbage bag ready to be filled with all the waste food. He filled all the spoiled items in that bag with way too much difficulty. He finally cleaned the kitchen, sprayed room freshener and now it was shining like a diamond. He was satisfied with himself. His stomach again made a noise. He was feeling more hungry now after doing so much of hard work. He went out to buy some necessary items and to get something to eat to stop his stomach from making a noise after every two seconds.

•••

Aditya picked up the oil can, checked its date and put it in the trolley basket. He later filled that trolley with some fruits, some veggies, bread, some spices, milk and some other necessary and unnecessary items.

When he was selecting a chip's flavor, he heard someone giggle. He turned to the voice immediately and there she was...laughing and enjoying. She was happy! Seeing her happiness a smile automatically came on his face. He smiled for the first time after two years and the reason behind that smile was her. She was with someone, a girl. Looks like friends... Their trolley basket was filled with chips, juices, chocolates, candies and a lot more stuff. A celebration, I guess... They started coming in his direction when he moved away from them. He can't face her now... He hurriedly went to the billing counter, paid the bill and without any delay left the store. He should call the hospital soon.

•••

Aditya entered his house. The bags slipped down from his hand and he sat down on the floor. His heartbeat increasing and gasping for oxygen. 

Why did he ran from there? Why was he not able to face her? What if she saw him? But, he already informed her right? What if he didn't ran from there? Will she forgive him? How will she react after seeing him? He shouldn't intervene in her life...she is happy and he shouldn't spoil her happiness with his presence...Yes!

He stood up from the floor, picked up the bags and entered the kitchen. He placed all the items in the cupboard, cabinets and the fridge. After placing everything in their respective places, he slumped his body on the sofa. He got reminded of something. His sukoon. His job.

He dialled the hospital authority's number.

"Hello.."

"Hello.."

"Sir, I'm Aditya...Dr. Aditya Hooda...I used to work in your hospital as a psychologist..."

"Oh, yeah...Yes Dr.Hooda..."

"Sir, I called to confirm from when can I join back..."

"Umm..."

"I'm okay with any date..." He said anticipated to join as early as possible.

"Actually, we have hired a new doctor at your place. There was no whereabout of you from the last two years. We even tried to contact before appointing someone at that place but, it was showing your number unreachable..." He felt the earth beneath him sliding. He only had one thing left in his life, which could help him live but that is also not with him. What will he do now?

"Sir..."

"You left without saying anything, leaving your patients in the middle of nowhere, our hospital has to bear a lot because of you. The demand was increasing so we appointed a new one. We also waited for you but it was like you just vanished..."

"There must be some solution sir...I had an emergency because of which I  had to rush to London immediately..."

"Whatever the emergency be Dr. Hooda...the thing is we can't help you now...You please look for it in some other hospital..."

"But Sir-" The call was disconnected from the other side. He wanted to cry, to scream, he wanted to...live. The only thing which was left in his life with the support of which he could overcome every hurdle was gone. His job was gone!

What will he do now? Will he get a new job now? What if he doesn't get any?! What will he do then? There's nothing left in his life now! He should-

His trance was broke with the ping of his mobile. He unlocked it hurriedly to see if there was any offer. But, he was shocked to see a green color dot beside the name Zoya...
_________________________________________
Kind of a filler chapter, right? But, a shock is awaiting in the next...😉 Why did Zoya messaged Aditya? Did she forgive him? Well, you'll get to know everything in the next one..and I promise that no one will be disappointed...😄

Till then, bear this one...until I complete the next one...

Bbye and take care...❤️