Chapter-15

Hope, you like it...❤️

The cool breeze entered the room from the window and made her hair fall on her face

The cool breeze entered the room from the window and made her hair fall on her face. She put them behind her ear and resumed doing her work. She was sitting on her desk with her laptop open, making notes and studying. She has been finally be able to complete her backlogs and now she doesn't want to lag behind by even something. Her test had been pathetic but she promised herself to score more the next time and that she will give her best. When she was writing her test, she didn't got panicked and worried for he ensured her. Her thinking came to a halt when her mother entered the room.

"Ohho Zoya, you always keep studying now...It feels as if you are preparing for a really difficult entrance exam...you don't have any time to spend with your mother...?" She said making a sad face and standing behind her chair.

"I am studying Ammi...I don't want to lag behind anyone...and besides every study is difficult..." She said paying her whole attention towards her notebook. Her mother came in front and shut her notebook and laptop.

"We are going out !"

"No way, I have to study..."

"How much will you study...we are going out and that's final!"

"Bu-"

"No ifs and buts...Also, Eid is round the corner...now don't tell me that you didn't knew this..." She said looking at her surprised expression.

"I-I.."

"Get ready and come down..."Her mother said in a breath and stormed out of the room without listening to her answer.

Zoya didn't had a choice now. Sometimes elders behave like kids! She let out a sigh and started getting ready.

•••

They entered the mall through the gate and instantly felt relieved of the scorching heat as the cool air from the air conditioner welcomed them. People were moving round the mall carrying bags. Children were running around. The bright ceiling lights reflected on the shining white floor and made it look more luminous. The mall had three floors in total and they could see and feel the festivity in the air as it was highly crowded.

The center of the mall had huge decorations. The steel railings were also decorated with lights and colorful hangings. Smell of coffee entered their nostrils along with other fruity smells. Several delicacies were showcased to attract the customers. Shops were labelled with big names written in different styles. The mannequins were made to dress like a bride with heavy embroidered clothes and bright colors. Some shops had very less people in it and that showed how much great and expensive that brand is. The shops that attracted most of the crowd were the stalls that were lined at the ground floor. Cheap stuff always attract more!

They visited several shops and bought the necessary and the unnecessary things. They bought clothes, jewelry, footwear, hair accessories and what not! When their stomach started making growling noise only then did they put a 'comma' to their shopping and thought to fill their stomachs first. The food hall was also crowded with people and had very less vacant seats. her mother went to order something while she searched for a seat. Her searching gaze stopped when she saw someone with someone.