Chapter-21

It's a short one, but you'll receive a surprise, soon...❤️

"Where are they now?" Zoya asked out of nowhere catching him off guard

'Should he tell her? Should he tell where his parents are? Should he disclose everything to her? Should h-'

"What are you guys doing here?" Tanya asked munching on a doughnut.

"Nothing." Aditya said and took the frame from Zoya's hand and stood to move.

"They don't live in Mumbai..." Aditya said to Zoya when he walked past her.

"Wh-" Zoya's question trailed in her mouth as she saw his retreating back.
.
.
.
Aditya carries the big, glowing, circular thing from his car to the big desk kept in the room with big windows. Zoya enters the room and at the sight of it, her eyes became moist.

"You still have it?" She asked caressing the globe slightly.

Aditya turned to face her and said, " Yeah, a very special person gave this to me...Do you know her name, it's written here..." He said pointing to the little chit pasted over it.

"Special?" She asked emotionally.

"Yes, very special!" He answered looking into her eyes.

"You know someone special as well as very dear..." She registers his words in her head and at the realization looks up at him questioningly to which he only nods his head. She couldn't take so much in a go and so she hugged him instantly. He also hugged her back, with happy tears.

"Humein humara dost waapis mil gaya..." (I got my friend back...) She said still hugging him.

•••

"Aditya, should I keep these books there?" Zoya asked pointing to the shelf. Aditya stopped in the middle of his work and looked at the direction of her finger which was held up.

"Nice Idea! I will keep it later, after finishing with the dusting...you leave it for now...Besides, it's so much high than you..." He said passing her a teasing smile. Zoya returned a broad, fake smile to him.

"Thanks for the permission..." She continued," And if you are forgetting then, I have this stool right here to increase my height for the moment...Can you pass me the cloth lying there?"

"I will do it later...don't be stubborn!"

"I'm not being stubborn, I'm being helpful..." She said and signaled to the cloth with her eyes. He threw the cloth at her and she caught it in time.

"I used to be the goal keeper..." She said blowing over her nails.

"Good for you!" He said and let out a muffled chuckle.

"What was that for?" She asked keeping her hands at her waist.

"Umm...nothing!" He said with a big smile.

Zoya climbed up on the wooden stool and started dusting with the cloth.

"Oops!" She said when she lost her balance but was quick enough to regain it.

"I told you I will do it later, what if you topple?"

"I can fracture a leg or two by far..." She said keeping a hand at her chin and looking up at nowhere specific.

"Drama Queen!"

"Thanks, Mr. Toothy Grin!" She said and resumed to her task of cleaning up the shelf. She completed the dusting and climbed down the stool to pick up the books.

She placed the books at a shelf lower than they were supposed to and again climbed the stool. She arranged the books beautifully but wasn't satisfied. She kept rearranging them until her foot slip. She let out a shriek and clutched her eyes shut, prepared for her body to hit the hard floor.

But, what she felt was completely opposite. Instead, she felt warmth around her and her body being carried by someone.

She opened her eyes to find him smirking.

"Told you...Well, I got you in right time!"

"Yeah, thanks..." She faked a smile as she tried to calm down her breathing. His one hand was around her shoulders and the other under her knees.

She focused her eyes on his and she saw everything disclosing. Everything which was very nicely hidden by him earlier was now kept open in front of her to read and figure out. There she witnessed pain, guilt, regret everything mixed together like a chaos. She saw his eyes water up a little as he saw his reflecting in hers. His emotions reflecting in hers. His soul reflec-

*Snap!*

A sound disturbed their moment. Aditya looked away to blink out his tears.

"Sorry to disturb your moment, guys...but you look so cute! And you may continue I'm leaving, see..." Tanya said and exited the room with a hand on her eyes.

"If you want I can send you the picture, guys..." Her voice sounded distant. Aditya hastily put Zoya down carefully.

"Umm...I will just come in sometime..." Aditya said and exited the room too leaving behind Zoya to register what all happened a few minutes ago.

Every person has some secret, me, Tanya and even you...But, what was that? Is that the truth? There is so much pain in your eyes. If I would have stared a bit long, you would have breakdown. Your eyes mirror your soul and heart and you can't hide that fact...But, you let me see through it...you let me see through your eyes...Let me try my best to help you then...You trusted me and now it's the time to ensure your trust...I will help you, Aditya...You are not helpless and you don't have to be for Zoya Siddique is with you...

_________________________________________

30.11 is approaching and I hope that I deliver the gift to you guys on time...I special chapter on a special day...I just complete it on time...🤞

Hope, you liked this one..❤️ And don't be disappointed by this short update...You never know what is in store for us😉