36

Anna's P. O. V.
I got dressed, putting on one of the sleeveless gowns Lincoln got me. It hugged my body, showing my curves. I loved it. It was mid-thigh and simple. I got some fluffy slippers on, walking out of the room while texting the car company. I want my ride. It cost me a fortune to raise money for that.

"Do not tell me that!"I heard Lincoln's angry voice coming from the kitchen. "You're fired!"he shouted. I walked to the kitchen, watching him tap his phone angrily. He put it on speaker, getting a cup. I watched him walk angrily to the refrigerator, looking for something.

"Mr Tennyson? Hello?" I heard someone say.

"Ciara"he said, rushing to his phone with a bottle of milk in his hand. "You said the building was ready"

"Yes sir but the kitchen tiles, the bathrooms and the zinc... the workers were sick so they took a break..."

"Couldn't you find someone else available? What is your fucking job?"he sighed.

"I'm s-sorry"she stuttered.

"I said I needed the house ready next week. Do you wanna ruin my surprise?"

"I'll get right away with it s-sir"

"I need that house ready next week for me and Anna"he said, hanging up.

He's moving??? Us???

"House ready for what?"I asked, a little surprised. He turned around, surprised to see me standing there. "What's going on?"I asked, walking towards him. "And why are you so upset?"

"Business"he replied, not wanting to talk.

"Yeah but I'm pretty sure I heard my name"I said, looking at him tap his phone. "Lincoln"I said with my hand on his phone making him look at me.

"It's a surprise"he said, placing a kiss on my forehead, walking out of the kitchen. I could tell he was still upset.

"Yeah no shit"I said, walking behind him.

"You're gonna love it"he said, getting his eyes close to the retinal scanner. "Potato"he said, hugging someone that came in.

"Get off me you"I heard Miranda say, pushing him aside with a scoff.

I've missed her.

"Hey sissss"she happily said, rushing to me, giving me a bone crushing hug. I smiled, hugging her back. "We missed you so much"she said, pulling away. "Finally!"she said, looking at Lincoln. "That bitch is gone"

"You really hate her"

"She slept with my baby daddy"she said, looking dryly at Lincoln.

"Wait you're pregnant too?"I asked, surprised.

"Yeah"she said, rolling her eyes. "Wait what do you mean too?"she asked with raised eyebrows. "Are you pregnant?"she asked, excited.

"Yeah"I said with a wry smile.

"Oh my God. I'm gonna be an aunt"she squealed. "Why didn't you tell me crackhead?"she said to Lincoln making me laugh.

"Hey"he warned.

"So you both were getting it when y'all claimed you broke up. I knew it"she said. "He was a mess without you"she whispered making me chuckle, looking at Lincoln. His eyes were fixed on his phone.

"How about we go do our nails, hair tomorrow, shopping..."

"Actually Lincoln and I have plans tomorrow"I interrupted, taking a seat.

"What plans?"

"Chill all day"he said, looking at me, giving me a wink.

"Ugh"she complained.

"And besides... someone's trying to kill her"

"Kill her?"Miranda asked, confused.

"Yeah. He showed up and pointed a gun at Lincoln and I"I said.

"You're joking"She said, with a smile.

"I'm really not"

"Oh my God"she said, hugging me. "I'm so sorry"she said, looking at Lincoln. "Why would anyone try to kill you? And who?"

"That's what we don't know"I said, heaving a sigh, looking at Lincoln. He gave a low laugh, looking back at his phone.

Telling Miranda the whole story might get her in trouble. She would most likely be  blamed for battery and assault.

"We could go get our hair done some other time" I said. "Weekend maybe?"I said.

"I don't know if I'd be available. I gotta go for my antenatal"she complained. "And I'm hungry"

"Beth will make you some food"He said, still on his phone.

Why is his so glued to the phone?

"Good to see you hired your maids and guards back"

"Don't call them maids. They're workers" he corrected, taking a seat across me.

"Sorry bro"she said, going to the kitchen.

"Lincoln"I said, watching him text.

"Hmmm?"he replied, not looking at me.

"That's it"I said, walking over to him. "You gotta tell me what you're planning for ussss"I said, sitting on his legs, with his phone in my hand, putting it behind me.

"Nah baby"He said, trying to get it.

"And you're so glued to the phone"

"I promise I'd drop it once I'm done"he said, still trying to get his phone.

"What are you planning?"I whispered seductively, rubbing my hands all over his chest.

It feels good to be with him again.

"Common"he smiled.

"What?"I licked his ear.

"I'll let you know once I'm done"He said.

"Are you sure?"I whispered, looking into his eyes.

I know his weaknesses.

"Yes" he breathed out, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"You both couldn't wait for me to at least leave y'all"I heard Miranda say, causing me to pull away. She was holding a plate of spaghetti, coming towards us. "I gotta stop coming here"we heard her say, turning to climb the stairs.

"Pleaseeeee my phone"He pleaded. "Honestly babe, I'll meet you upstairs in thirty"He said, standing up with my legs strapped around his waist while he held them firm so I wouldn't fall. He tried putting me down but I made the grip so tight.

"Baby Common"He pleaded.

"Cute"I said, handing him his phone while putting my hands around his shoulder. He sighed in defeat, taking a seat, still texting whoever it was, with me sitting on his legs.

"I gotta fire a lot of people"He said. I hugged him, not wanting to move an inch, I just wanted to be close to my man. I always feel safe with Lincoln close to me. I felt him kiss my hair as I closed my eyes, ready to fall asleep.

"Your hair always smell so nice"He whispered, sniffing my hair while I was halfway asleep.

I just want to fall asleep with me in his arms.

~~~