44

Lincoln's P. O. V.
"I don't wanna jump into conclusions Jonathan. You were trying to humiliate my girl"I said with my phone in my ear as I alighted the car.

I left Courtney's house to go get clothes for Anna and I. I know Anna won't leave Courtney and I don't want to leave her either. It feels terrible to leave both of them looking sad. Especially when they just lost a friend. Leo was my friend too because we weren't close in any way. We had good conversations alone. It's so sad to remember he's gone. Especially for Courtney.

"You've already jumped into conclusions. You left my show. We looked everywhere"He said, sounding unhappy.

"Cut the bullshit"I slammed my car door. "Anna's never told anyone what happened how the hell did you know?"

"I have my sources"

"What stupid sources? You have no right to dig my past or Anna's"

"I didn't"

"If you ever try to humiliate my woman on national television, you'll be sorry you started a show for juicy gossips"I said, hanging up.

I walked into the house, pausing on my tracks as soon as I saw my mum in my house. I rolled my eyes, watching her sip juice slowly while watching Television.

"What are you doing here? And how did you even get in?"I asked, knowing she doesn't know the passcode, neither does the retinal scanner recognize her eye.

"I called Anna"

"You called Anna?"I asked, not believing a word she said.

"She told me the passcode and I apologized"she proudly said, looking at me straight in the eyes.

"You apologized?"I folded my arms, not believing.

"Yeah"she said. "Where is she? I thought she'd be here. I would love to have a word with her"

"What are you up to mum?"I tiredly asked. "Anna's done nothing but be polite to you"

"Where is she?"

"At a friend's. You need to leave"I said, walking to the stairs. "I'm not gonna be home for a couple of days"

"Business trip?"she asked.

"No"I said, climbing the stairs.

"Where are you going?"she asked.

I paused on my tracks, turning to look at her. She annoys me so much but I love her.

"Anna lost a friend. I'm gonna be there for her"

"I wanna go see her"

"Hell no"

"I'm not staying over. I just wanna talk to her"

"About what?"I asked, holding the railing.

"I watched the interview with Jonathan Moon"she stood on her feet.

"So that's why you're here?"

"She's strong"she paused, taking a sip. "I'm sorry"she choked, keeping a straight face.

"Mum, what did you just say?"I chuckled, hoping I heard that right.

"I should be apologizing to Anna and not you so don't make me repeat myself or I'm gonna fill up your house with water. Do I make myself clear?"

"No you don't make yourself clear"I laughed at how ridiculous she was. "You heard she got raped and now you're sorry for what she's been through? Sorry because she was depressed?"

"I know what she feels"she said with a sigh, looking at me while balling her hands into fists.

"Really?"I sarcastically asked.