46

Anna's P. O. V.
Isabelle left after a few hours while Courtney was still in the room. She needed space. I can't even imagine how terrible she must be feeling. I was glad she came out some hours after Lincoln and I ordered pizza.

"Hey"we heard her say behind us.

"Hey"I said.

"I'm starving"she said, taking one of the boxes of pizza.

"Finally"I said, watching her sit across us on the bed couch, while opening the box. She took a slice, eating slowly.

"It feels weird"She said, chewing.

"The pizza?"Lincoln asked, taking a slice from the box we were eating from. "I don't see anything wrong"he said, chewing.

"Neither do I"I said, taking a bite.

"What I mean is...it feels weird not having to eat pizza with Leo"she said, taking another bite. "I'm a fucking mess"she laughed, rubbing her eyes.

"Everything happens for a reason. He's resting and enjoying in a better place"Lincoln said.

"Where else could be better? And what's the fucking reason?" she snapped.

"You shouldn't have said that"I whispered.

"Sorry"she apologized, taking another slice. "I should just go hang myself right now"she stood on her feet.

"Don't you dare"I stood on my feet, afraid.

"I'm kidding"she laughed, taking a bite. "Scaredy cat"

She wasn't kidding.

"Y'all don't need to stay for the night"she added. "I don't wanna stress you and Lincoln... Including your baby"

"Bitch shut up"I said.

"Leave you after you made that statement?"Lincoln asked.

"Can't nobody play with y'all?"she rolled her eyes taking a seat. "I'm fine"she said. "I'm not fine but I'm fine okay?"

"I'm not leaving you"

"His funeral is tomorrow. They not even letting the dead breathe"she laughed. "Deep what I said"she looked at me.

"I get it"I said while Lincoln looked confused.

"You were supposed to laugh"she laughed.

I couldn't even laugh at her joke, she was scaring me.

"But I'm sorry" she said.

"Sorry for what?"

"Stressing y'all with my bitterness. I am never gonna get married. I am never gonna be the same after this and I know that. Leo was..."she clogged her throat. "I don't even wanna start crying anymore"she laughed.

"I know"I said with a wry smile, sitting beside Lincoln.

"I love you guys. Thanks for tolerating my mess. I don't like it"

"You never have to thank us. I made lasagna earlier"I said.

"I just want more pizza"she took another slice.

"I'll order more pizza then"Lincoln said.

I watched her eat with her eyes focused on the picture of a penguin on her wall. She cleaned an unconscious tear, eating more pizza.

"I ain't even wish I was alive"I heard her mutter as she laid on the couch.

***

"Hey"I heard Lincoln say to me while I was doing the dishes. I had to help her. She's my sister for life.