43

Anna's P. O. V.
It took us about two hours to get to Courtney's house. I bust it into her house with Lincoln behind me. She was seated on the floor in front of the couch, her face buried on her knees with her arms wrapping her legs. She was whimpering and sniffing.

"What the heck? what happened?"I asked, kneeling beside her. Courtney is a very strong person. She never cries in front of people, not even me. She's always happy or laughing or making a joke.

She looked at me, about to bust into loud tears. She hugged me so tight, crying on my shoulder. I hugged her back, really confused.

"It's gonna be okay"I said, closing my eyes, trying not to cry.

"Hey"I heard Jeremy's voice. He got out of the kitchen, holding a glass of water in his hand. He sat on the chair, beside Courtney and I. We were still seated on the floor.

"What happened?"I asked. I know Jeremy and I weren't talking after the shit he said but I care less for now.

"Leo um..."he paused with a sigh. "Man... Leo died a few hours ago"

"What!"Lincoln and I both shouted. I couldn't pull away from Courtney because she hugged me so tight, crying. I had to be there for her.

"How?"I asked, my heart already breaking into tiny bits. I couldn't believe my ears.

"He got involved in a car crash"

"Oh shit"Lincoln said, sitting across us, ruffling his hair.

"I got a call... I rushed down to the hospital but they said his blood type was AB-...you know that's really rare to find"

"Oh shit"I said, cleaning a drop of tear that rolled down my eye.

"We tried to find someone but nobody has that"he paused. "I really want to know how he got involved in a car crash. Leo's not reckless"

"Why do I feel I caused this?"Courtney asked, withdrawing from the hug to look at me. "He tried, he wanted us to be okay again but I asked for a break, I pushed him away, we never got the chance to settle our issues, I never got the chance to tell him I loved his stupid ass again. I pushed him away because I was mad. He made me mad"she said while crying. "What if it's my fault?"she asked, choking on her tears.

"It's not your fault"I said, crying too.

"Has anyone informed his mum?"Lincoln asked. "Or his dad?"

"Yeah I told his sister. They're all on their way here"Jeremy said. "This is fucked up"he said, gulping down the glass of water in his hand. "Leo was my brother. We literally did everything together"he chuckled, sniffing. He was trying not to cry.

"It's gonna be okay"Lincoln said.

"He felt like I didn't want him around"Courtney said,  sniffing. "He didn't like that"she cried out loud. "I can't believe he's dead. You guys... this has to be a joke"she cried. "I loved Leo"she cried. I pulled her into a hug, crying also.

I can't imagine what she must be going through. Her boyfriend. They did everything together. I can't imagine Lincoln dying. I'd go die too.

"This is so sad"She said. "Anna I don't know how to feel"she whispered. "I don't..."she choked, crying and sniffing.

"I'm here for you"I said, crying also, hugging her tighter.

***
Past 6, Lincoln and I were still in Courtney's house. She asked for some alone time. She laid on her bed, hugging her pillow while crying. I let her be, checking up on her once in a while. Jeremy left a few hours after Leo's family got here. He took them to the hospital.

"Hey"I heard Lincoln say behind me. I was in the kitchen, standing in front of the sink, crying.

"This is unbelievable"I said, turning around.

"Hey"he said, pulling me in for a hug while I cried.

"Leo and I hosted classes together. We had so many projects we've worked on together despite his job as an engineer"I cried.

"It's gonna be okay"Lincoln said.

"First we dealt with Louise's mess and now my friend just died"I said, pulling away from the hug to look at him. "I can't imagine what Courtney must be going through"I said, looking at his face. He cleaned my tears with his hands, planting a kiss on my forehead. "I don't know what I'd do if you died"I said.

"I'm not gonna die" He said, with his hands on my face. He planted a quick kiss on my lips, hugging me tightly.

"I can't leave Courtney this way. I'm staying. It could be for some days"I said, looking into his eyes.

"I understand. Leo was my friend too"He said. "I can't also leave you. I'll stay here. I'll go get our clothes and be back in no time"Lincoln said. "I can't let Ben or Lucas go into our room. I could have sent them to help but they'd have to touch your underwear. I only get to do that" he joked, trying to lighten the mood. I laughed a little, smiling at him.

"I Love you"I said.

"I love you too"He said. "It feels good to hear you say that again after all we've been through"He added, planting a kiss on my lips.

"Hey Anna"I heard Courtney's voice. She was standing in front of the kitchen door, with her hand on the side of her head. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying too much. "Could you pass me some aspirins beside the kitchen cabinet?"she asked, leaning on the door.

"Sure"I said, walking to go get it. I handed it to her, watching her swallow it. She walked to get water, gulping down hastily.

"I gotta go take a walk"She said. She was about falling to the ground but Lincoln held her, preventing her from coming in contact with the floor.

"Thanks"she said, looking at him.

"You can't go for a walk"I said.

"I'm fine"she said, standing on her feet. "I deserve the dizziness and headache. I deserve more than that for being an asshole to Leo"she cried, walking out of the kitchen, slowly.

"I'm gonna go stay with her"I said.

"I'll go get our stuff and be back soon"Lincoln said, walking to plant a kiss on my forehead. I walked out of the kitchen, heading to Courtney's room. She laid on the bed, wrapping herself with a blanket. I laid beside her with my arm around her, her back facing me.

"I would have just given him his last sex when he wanted it"she joked, turning to look at the ceiling with a little smile.

"You would have"I said, looking at the ceiling too.

"I loved Leo"she said, a tear slipping down her eye. "Wish I got the chance to tell him again. I keep remembering him lay lifeless. He didn't respond. I wanted him to hear his voice. I wanted him to say something"she cried.

"Hey"I said, crying too, wrapping my arm around her. "I'm here for you"

"Thank you Anna"she said, closing her eyes. "I'm sorry this had to happen. I know you have plans, your tour..."

"I don't care about all that. I'll always be here for my sister"I said, cleaning my tears. "And I cancelled the tour because of my baby"I said.

"I'm sorry I'm stressing you and your baby"

"Stop it Court'"I said. "You're my sister. Forever Court'"I added, looking at her stare at the ceiling.

"Your baby, looking at me through your eyes like I'm so sorry aunty Court'"she said, making both of us laugh a little.

"It's gonna be okay"I said.

"I wish I can believe that"she said, turning around with her back facing me.

It will be.

~~~