25

Lincoln's P. O. V.

"Shit"I said, looking at my gate as soon as I got to my house.

I left the hospital to come get some rest while hoping to get a call Anna's awake. I was surprised to find Louise in front of my gate with a mini gown on.

Don't look at her legs Lincoln.

I got the gate opened, avoiding her as I drove into my house. I watched her walk towards me through the side mirror, swaying her hips with a smile plastered on her hideous face.

She's actually pretty. Anna's beautiful.

"Glad to see the retinal scanner doesn't work for me anymore"She said as soon as I alighted the car.

"What are you doing here?"I asked, shutting my car door.

"Let's go inside. I have something to tell you"

"You're not going into my house"

"Lincoln as soon as I tell you whatever it is I'm leaving. You don't have to worry"she said with a smile.

Even I could tell she was lying.

I scoffed, walking towards my house door with her walking behind me. I got the door opened, walking towards the bar as soon as I stepped in. I neither ate nor drank anything since Anna's accident.

"Say whatever it is you wanna say"I said,pouring a glass of wine for myself. I gulped some down my throat while looking and waiting for her to say something.

"Marry me Lincoln"she said.

"What?"I choked out, wondering if she was high or drunk.

"Marry me"

"So wait..."I said with a laugh. "You walk into my house and say you have something to tell me and the next thing you say is marry me?"

"Yes Lincoln"she said, walking towards me, placing her hands on the counter as she stood beside me.

"You're crazy"I said with a loud laugh.

"Your mum called me. She told me about your dad's company Lincoln. Do you really want it to be sold? Do you really want that? Everyone says you're acting nonchalant and you are"

"My father's business is not your business Louise. Why do you care?"I chuckled.

"Because I do. I don't know but I do Lincoln"she said with a bit of concern. "I'm not telling you that because we had something..."

"Right"

"I'm telling you this because I care. Your mum was worried and...she's concerned for you. I just wanna help you take over that's all"

"Take over?"

"We'll arrange a wedding. You divorce me after you take over the company"

"You're so crazy"I said, walking towards my couch with the glass of wine in my hand.

"Seriously Lincoln"she said, walking behind me. "I heard your girl is in the hospital and I'm sorry about that but I'm doing this for you. This will help boost your business and your father's... he'll be proud of you"

"I wonder why my mum would drag you into this"I rhetorically said.

"Because she cares Lincoln. She does"she said.

"Time for you to leave"I said looking at her.

"Of course I'll go but just know one thing"

"This should be great"I sarcastically said.