7

Quinn Blake

It was maybe around 4pm now and I decided to go for a little walk around the neighborhood.

After Luke left, I took a shower and got changed. I picked out my clothes for tomorrow and I was going to help my mother and Hailey make some cookies.

As i was walking, i noticed some kids playing at the local park. I smiled and continued to walk until I noticed someone asleep on the monkey bars. Are they actually asleep?

I walked over slowly trying not to wake the person up as the children left with their parents. I quickly noticed the blonde hair. Michael?

'Michael?' I soft said. He didn't budge. 'Michael!' i said a little louder and he woke up.

'hm what??' he said as he rubbed his eyes and went to sit up and fell through the bars and quickly went to catch himself but he fell.

'oh oh my god Michael are you okay?' i asked and backed away from him a bit so he can get up.

He groaned softly and got up. He wiped the dirt off of his pants and looked around. He met my eyes. 'yeah.. i'm fine' he said as he grabbed his beanie off of the ground. 'what time is it?'

'around 4:30' i said and grabbed my phone to make sure I was correct. 'yeah 4:28'

He groaned. 'fuck i accidentally fell asleep up here' he said and met my eyes again. I quickly looked away.

'well imma go continue my walk..' i said softly and started to walk away.

'can i join you.. we are heading the same way' he said as he caught up with me. I stopped and looked at him.

Come on Quinn. Just let him.

'Okay..' i said softly, close to a mumble snd we started to walk back to our houses. I didn't want to say another word.

At least you are talking to him.

I lost focus on my vision snd stopped walking for a second. Michael noticed and turned to me and looked up at me. 'Quinn, you okay?'

I nodded slowly and began to walk with him again. After a few minutes of walking I finally spoke up. 'Luke told me why you guys stopped talking to me' i said softly close to a whisper.

Michael looked over at me and then back at the road. His hands were in his pockets and he let out a deep breath. 'Yeah uhm, about that..' he said as we met at my driveway.

I looked at the road and then back at him. 'Well, since you did kiss me that one night, then left, then started being distant. Tell me what happened from your perspective.'

He sighed and went to go tell me, but he got cut off by Crystal rushing outside and grabbing his arm. 'Michael! You got me worried sick!' she complained and kissed him softly.

I gladly looked away from the two love birds kissing. 'Crystal, crystal i'm fine' Michael chuckled and held her waist softly. 'I went to the park and accidentally fell asleep on the monkey bars, i promise i'm fine'

'okay good.' she smiled a little and looked over at me and then back at michael. 'well let's go inside'

'i need to tell Qu-'

'cmon!'she laughed loudly and pulled michael away from me and he looked over at me and mouthed 'sorry'.

I sighed and walked inside and shut the door. Hailey looked at me confused. 'you okay Quinn?'

I looked up at her and fixed my hair. 'Yeah i'm fine, imma be upstairs'

I walked upstairs and sat on my bed. Ashley looked over at me and turned over to face me. 'it looks like something is bothering you Q..'

'I'm fine' i sighed and stared at the ceiling. Ashley nudged me a little.

'Q you know you can tell me anything..' she said soft, close to a whisper. 'Is everything okay?'

That's when it hit. Tears started to form and I tried so hard not to let one slip. But it all went down from there.

Ashley quickly hugged me and pulled me close to her chest. I shook my head and cried into her. She played with my hair a bit, knowing how to calm me down. 'you gotta tell me what's happening..'

'it's just.. Michael.. and i and just everything' i choked out and wiped my tears and started crying again.

'why don't you talk to him about this?' she asked me as she was rubbing my back.

'i tried to..' i coughed out a little, choking on my tears. 'but c-crystal came out and pulled him away'

'Oh Q.. see tomorrow is Christmas, and we'll be making cookies. How about we forget about this mess okay?' she wipes me tears off of my cheeks and twisted my hair gently.

I nodded slowly and looked at the ceiling again. Shit, Christmas is tomorrow. I put my head in my hands and quickly sat up. I shook my head and wipes my other tears and got up slowly.

'let's go make some cookies' i smiled a little. Ashley then got up and we both walked downstairs.

My mom already had stuff out for the cookies we were making. My mother always loved to bake for Christmas and basically any other holiday. I smiled and put my hair up in a bun.

Hours passed and it was around 9 when we finished all of the cookies. We successfully made chocolate chip, peanut butter, and sugar cookies for everyone and for anyone who was coming over.

Ashley took a shower first and then i took one after. As i walked out of the bathroom fully clothes, Ashley was already asleep. I chuckles softly and crawled in the bed next to her and looked at the ceiling.

My phone began to buzz and I looked over. I quickly grabbed it to see a text from Luke.

Luke: merry christmas eve by the way
Quinn: well thank you Luke
Luke: uhm I was wondering if you would like to hang out a little tomorrow?
Quinn: Luke you are already coming over here, you dork.
Luke: oh right.. well nevermind. See you tomorrow!
Quinn: alright lol, see you tomorrow

I smiled a little and put my phone back on my nightstand and slowly fell asleep.