34

Luke Hemmings

Her soft breathing was the only thing I heard when i woke up. My arms were wrapped around her waist as hers were hugging my waist.

Her hair was a mess and so was mine. I stretched out my legs a little, trying not to wake her up. It looked like it was near 9 or maybe close to 10.

I looked over my shoulder to her alarm clock saying '10:12AM'

Quinn started to move around a bit and she turned her body over so her back was against my chest. I rested my hand onto her waist and started to rub her waist in small circles with my thumb.

'what time is it?' she mumbled into the pillow.

'near 10:15' i responded back and gave her waist a small quick squeeze. 'so do you want to go out for breakfast or try something here?'

'we can go out' she yawned and turned back over to me and opened her eyes. 'happy valentine's day'

'happy valentine's day Q' i smiled down at her and kissed her forehead. She began to blush from my action as I smiled again down at her.

'well let's start getting ready' i said as I sat up to stretch my upper half. She groaned and followed my actions.

I opened my suit case and grabbed sweatpants and a black t-shirt as she went to her drawer and picked out clothes.

Then we both changed and I grabbed my phone and keys. 'so where to?' i asked her.

'Denny's?' she questioned and grabbed her stuff.

'alright let's go' i smiled and grabbed her hand and we both walked out of her apartment complex. 'so wheres the train station at? Surprisingly I've never ridden a subway before'

'holy shit really?' she questioned. 'It's a few blocks down, come on we are going on one'

She started leading me down the sidewalks towards the subway stations. 'so have you've been doing school ever since we left?' I asked her and held her hand.

'yeah' she said. 'I decided to go to New York and see what it was all about, then I fell in love with it and decided to stay here for school.'

'one thing i've noticed is that you now have an American accent' i chuckled. 'as you can tell, I still have my aussie accent, thankfully'

'wait really? i sound american? I've never noticed, it just faded away after all the years here I guess' she shrugged and we headed across the street and down the stairs to the subway.

'alright we can get a quick train to Times Square and go find a denny's'' she said as we headed towards the station and waited on the train.

After about 15 minutes passed, the train arrived and both of us headed on and found a seat. 'so how long will the ride be?' i asked her.

'should be about maybe a 15 to 30 minute ride' she said as she leaned her head against my shoulder. I smiled down at her and wrapped my arm around her and held her close.

About 30 minutes passed and I started to tap my leg. We are going to Times Square aren't we? I looked around and looked back at Quinn.

'it's been over 30 minutes, are you sure we are going to Times Square?' i ask her.

'yeah we are' she said and looked at her phone. I saw that she opened up her location on her phone. 'shit' she mumbled under her breath.

'what?' i asked her confused.

'we passed Times Square..' she groaned and looked up and looked at a lady near us. 'ma'am do you know where this train is heading to? or when the next stop it?'