Chapter 8

Raph's POV

--------------

I walked to my room from my lab and slammed the door. A mix of embarrassment, heartbreak, confusion, and anger all in one. All of which because of Alexis. I should have known. She could never love a mutant. A freak.

"Freak!" I grunted a little louder than I had intended as I punched my wall. I let a single tear. "I'm a freak..."

--------------------------------------------------------

For the next few days, I avoided Alexis the best I could. I was angry with her. She kissed me then acted as if it meant nothing. I tried hating her. I just couldn't. I loved Alexis. With all my heart. I decided to go to Donnie for help. I walked to his lab.

"Don.." I mumbled. He looked up from his table.

"Hey Raph." He greeted. "Come to talk about Alexis?" I nodded.

"How'd you know?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Lucky guess. Plus I noticed you've been avoiding her ever since you called her--"

"Yeah yeah just help me." I barked.

"Alright alright. Tell me what's wrong exactly." He said, looking at me. I sighed.

"I'm in love with her. She kissed me a few days ago. Then she just.. *sigh*... it seems like it didn't mean anything to her. Just kind of.. a thank you kiss I guess." I explained. "She'd never love a freak."

"Raph." Donnie sighed. I looked back up at him. "You're gonna have to just.. tell her. Tell her how you feel dude." I sighed.

"I guess I have no choice..." I mumbled. "Thanks bro." I smiled warmly at him. He smiled back. I walked out and sat on the couch next to Alexis.

Alexis' POV

~~~~~~~~

I was watching Family Guy as I felt someone sit next to me. I looked over and rolled my eyes.

"What?" I sighed at him. He looked at me.

"I just.. wanna talk to you.." He said quietly.

"Since when?" I scoffed. "You've been ignoring me all week." I looked back at the t.v.

"Alexis.." he whispered.

"Go. Away." I growled. He stood up and stood in front of me.

"What is wrong with you?!" He yelled.

"What's wrong with ME?!?" I yelled in return. "You're the one who's been ignoring me!! Do you know how that fucking feels?!"

"Why  the fuck do you even care?!" He screamed.

"Because I thought we were friends, Raphael!!!" I screamed as well, doing my best to keep the tears in. "Fuck you Raphael Hamato!!" I ran to Mikey's room, tears now streaming down my face.

Raph's POV

--------------

"Fuck you Raphael Hamato!!" She screamed as she ran into Mikey's room. My heart broke as she said those words. I sat down and held my head in my hands. I let a few tears fall onto my legs.

"Raph.. why did dudette run into my room?" Mikey asked me. I shook my head.

"She's pissed at me." I mumbled.

"Why?" He asked, walking toward his door.

"I love her, she doesn't love me, I've been avoiding her out of frustration, anger,  and embarrassment." I explained. He nodded and went into his room. I sighed.

"I love you, Alexis." I mumbled at nobody but the ground.