Chapter 26

I'm sorry about the long delay. I would have update earlier today but I was too busy protecting myself and my cats from an asshole.  I'll update more often or at least try! Ily!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Raph?" Alexis said softly as she had her head lying on his plastron.

"Yeah?" He whispered as he traced circles on her back. She sighed.

"You and your brothers... You guys have changed my life so much." She spoke slightly louder, smiling up at him. He returned the smile.

"And you've changed ours." He said as he kissed her forehead. She giggled.

"I imagine your lives were pretty awesome before you met me." She chuckled. "I mean, you're turtles." He laughed quietly.

"Yeah you'd think that." He sighed. "But not as awesome as it'd seem. I mean yeah being a giant turtle has its advantages, but I'd kill to know and feel what it's like to be a human." His smile died down slightly. Alexis puffed out her bottom lip.

"Being a human isn't all it's cracked up to be. We'd easily get crushed if we had to hold up a huge tower like you guys did." She laughed. He sighed.

"How..." he stopped himself, shaking his head. She looked at him, trying to read his facial expression.

"How what?" She asked. He looked at her.

"How are we even together?" He asked with an audible sigh. She raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean, Raphael?" She asked, trying to contain her annoyance.

"I mean, how are we even able to like, work? You're a human and I'm a monster." He raised his voice ever so slightly.  She widened her eyes and sat up.

"Baby you're not a monster." She said sternly, holding his three fingered hand in hers.

"Then what the hell am I? Huh?" He asked loudly, sitting up.

"You're an amazing, loving, tough creature that I'm madly in love with. And frankly, I don't give a shit if I'm a human and you're a turtle." She yelled quietly. He shrugged and grunted quietly. She rolled her eyes and got up from the bed. She rummaged through his dresser mumbling to herself.

"Babe what the shell are you doing?" He asked as he saw her step into the closet.

"Cheering you up!" She yelled just before bursting out of the closet. He looked at her in awe as she looks surprisingly sexy in his old mask. She put on her green backpack to simulate a shell. She started to sing and dance.

"I'm a buff turtle who can dance like a man,
I can shake'a my fanny, I can shake'a my can,
I'm a tough tootin' turtle, I can puncha your buns,
I can puncha your buns, I can punch all your buns,
If you're the evil Shredder, I will punch you for fun! " she made a fart noise with her mouth at the end. He busted out laughing.

"Oh... oh my g-god baby that was... s-so fuckin' a-amazing!" He yelled between laughs. She joined in.

"I knew that'd cheer you up!" She said cheerfully like a kid. "You're a tough tootin' turtle." He chuckled.

"Also a lucky one to have you." He said, smiling warmly. She smiled warmly as well.

"I'm just as lucky." She said just before kissing his lips softly. "I love you Raphie." He kissed her lips in return.

"I love you too Lexi." He wrapped her up in his arms and lied back down, taking her with him. She snuggled up close to him and they both fell into a peaceful sleep.