31. Finding Advice

It's a weird feeling. Being in a club, dancing completely sober. I feel aware of the fact there's a sweat glistening my body and the thump of the music in my head, All of which would normally be numbed by copious amounts of alcohol and drugs to the point where I wouldn't even be able to feel my own face.

As I dance through the third song with Suzy-May and Yasmine I come to the conclusion I much prefer partying when I'm not aware of my surroundings, but I continue you through it. Even though I can feel the urge in the back of my brain to go hurry Liberty and Jessie up with the drinks.

For some reason I find myself wanting to put up with the soberness, not wanting to take anything to alter how I feel at the moment.

Even if it does feel like shit watching everyone around me jumping around, plastered off their asses, me envying their lack of control over their constant movements.

I spot Liberty and Jessie making their way through the crowd holding five shots between the both of them in weird looking glasses. Both of them laughing to one another, Jessie's face tinged slightly pink.

"Shots guys" Liberty says and Jessie hands shots out to the other girls.

Liberty goes to hold one out to me and for the second time tonight I deny something from her.

"I'm good" She looks at me quizzically before Jessie takes the shot from Liberty's hand with a grin.

"More for me then" Jessie takes both her shots one after the other, my eyes almost burst out of their sockets as I watch her put the two glasses in her mouth then bite down on them with a crunch.

"What the fuck!" I scream above the music and all the girls look at me as if Jessie had just done the most normal thing in the world. They all lift their glasses to their lips at the same time swallowing down the clear liquid I craved so much.

Much to my horror, the three of them then ate their shot glasses as well and I was damn near ready to pass out, what the hell is going on?

"They're made from sugar glass Haz calm down, god you look like you're about to burst a blood vessel" Suzy-May giggles out as I stand still in shock. The five of us had created a small circle in the chaos of everyone else's dancing and for some reason instead of people pushing and nudging us as we stood still. They had respected our space.

Sugar glass. Those fucking girls.

"A warning would've been nice" I laugh it off and Jessie just grins at me with a shrug.

Liberty takes Jessie's hands in hers and they start dancing together, a smile grows on my face when I see Jessie's eyes light up at Liberty's touch while they dance together. I think someone's got a crush.

There's a tap on my shoulder, I spin round to see a man standing far too close to me for my liking, a mischievous grin on his face.

"Something special for you and your friends? Pretty girls get a discount" The guy looks downwards, I follow his gaze down and see a baggy containing a small sheet of bright pink paper.

Acid.

LSD was never really my thing, not after I took it one night and then some idiot decided to show up to the party in a fucking clown suit. I had locked myself in the bathroom convinced that they were on the other side of the door waiting to crash through with a knife to kill me.

Wasn't the best experience and I have no intention of a repeat of that night.

"I'm okay" I take a step back bumping into someone who I immediately realise is Yasmine thanks to the waft of Chanel number five that I smell the second we knock into one another.