11. Finding Coke

"Fuck this not a-fucking-gain" I yell seething as I look down at the residue I was planning to snort before some asshole decided to bang on the downstairs bathroom door.

People had started arriving at Nine like Yasmine had said and it didn't take long for things to liven up, I'd spent the past three hours taking over the makeshift bar Liberty and I had set up on the kitchen island. We made up our own concoction of random spirits; rum, vodka, gin and tequila to be exact with a splash of orange juice, sprite and a shit ton of cough syrup .

Tasted like absolute shit, but we called it our Death drink and we had been making them for everyone who came looking for a drink, plus plenty for myself as workers comp. I was about six cocktails in when I ditched my self-appointed bartending gig and made my way out of the kitchen. 

Moving on into the living room, music blasting throughout the entire household on Yasmine's fancy iPad-in-wall system or whatever it's called.

I'm like seventy percent sure whatever we made causes hallucinations because at one point while I was dancing with some stranger on the living room coffee table, I could've sworn I saw Cain standing across the room by the door staring at me, a cigarette in his lips.

But by the time I had blinked and tried to adjust my head to focus on one thing without everything feeling fuzzy, the space where he had been was taken up by some other guy. I had definitely been losing my mind, but I quickly forgot about that when the guy I was dancing with grabbed me with one hand by the hip and dangled a little baggy filled with white powder in my face.

"I don't have any cash on me" I had leaned into to the side of his face and said loud enough for him to hear me over the music.

"This one's on me" He replied and I took the baggy securing it in the palm of my hand before he had time to change his mind.

"Thanks you're a star" I kissed him on the cheek before leaping off the table.

I heard him yell after me once I made my escape, Don't know what else he expected from me. But I know theres no such thing as a real freebie when it comes to shit like this. So I got out of there with the coke as quick as possible finding myself looking for a hiding spot that landed me in a bathroom located through a door under the stairs.

I had gotten so close this time as well, after a quick splash of water on the face to sober me up a little, I was standing over the toilet. A really dumb move in retrospect. I had just opened the bag and was about to use my nail to scoop some out when the banging on the door started, causing me to drop the bag down straight into the toilet bowl. 

It's like there is something or someone out there in the universe trying to cosmically fuck up my day and I'm straight up sick of it.

The banging on the door returns and I let out a frustrated sigh before turning round. Whoever the fuck this is better be about to piss straight onto the floor or I'm going to punch someone.

I unlock the door and open it quickly in a fit of rage, I raise my eyebrows and scoff at the person towering in front of me.

"What the fuck do you want" an annoyed laugh leaves my mouth at the end of my sentence while anger bubbles inside me as I glare at Cain standing with a stupid smug grin on his face, one arm leaning on the door frame. 

"Were you busy in there? My bad" He makes no effort to move out my way so I push past him walking down the hallway to get back to the living room.

I make it to just before the door way when someone, I don't even need to guess who, grabs me by the wrist and spins me round.