29. Finding Lipstick

The second Felicity and Alexia see me walk through the door with Ray they burst out into excited squeals, abandoning the cartoons they had been watching on the tv and running over to me. Almost knocking me over has they both wrapped their little arms around my waist.

"Hi Harry!" Alexia excitedly hugs me as tight as she can, her sister copies her doing the same. 

I try as hard as I can to stop the look of horror from growing on my face but Ray notices my discomfort immediately and from the twinkle that's now formed in his eye I can tell he's relishing in it.

"Ray why didn't you tell us Harry was coming over" Felicity breaks away from the hug, crossing her arms pouting at Ray. But Alexia holds her arms up to me asking to be lifted up, hesitantly I pick her up into my arms, she wraps her legs around my waist resting her head against my shoulder.

"It was more of a last minute thing sorry Fi, I'll be sure to send notice a week early next time" Ray chucks his backpack onto the sofa. Felicity gives him a strange look not understanding what he said whatsoever.

"I don't know what that last part meant but okay" She shrugs her shoulders then runs back to where her and Alexia had been sitting on the floor picking up one of the pens scattered around, continuing her drawing.

Alexia twirls her small fingers around in my dreads "I think your hair is cool, can you do mine like that?"

"Maybe one day" I smile at her even though I know her hair isn't ready for this kind of protective style and I know that I won't be in this town anymore when it is, but she doesn't need to know that.

She grins at me then turns her head to look at Ray who's been watching as talk with a smile on his face.

"I'm gonna have cool hair like Harry, Ray! You always say how pretty she is will I be pretty then too?" A red hue becomes present on Ray's cheeks, I stifle a laugh.

"You're already pretty Lexi, now where's Mom she didn't leave you guys here alone did she?" He quickly changes the conversation topic, sitting down on the arm of the sofa.  

"Mmm-mm she's getting ready" As if on cue the second Alexia finishes her sentence Ray's Mom comes hurrying into the room wearing colourful pink scrubs as she adjusts her bag on her shoulder.

"Ray hun have you seen my keys?" She glances at him as she roots through the sofa cushions for what I presume are her keys a worried look on your face.

"On the hanger by the door Mom" She snaps her head up letting out a sigh of relief, a smile popping up on her face when she notices me.

"Harry, sweetheart so good to see you" Making her way over to me she gives me a quick but tight hug which causes Alexia to squeal. Ray's Mom places a kiss on Alexia's forehead before quickly moving past us and to the front door retrieving her keys.

"I would stay to chat but I am incredibly late, Fi come give Mommy a hug" She opens the door, Felicity comes charging over giving her Mom a quick hug goodbye "There's money on the kitchen table for pizza, listen to your brother girls".

And with that, after a grin she closes the door after her leaving us alone. 

"I'm going to show Harry mine and Fi's room now" Alexia states jumping out of my arms then grabbing hold of my hand.

"Okay" Ray laughs,

"You are?" I question at the same time but it's too late I'm already being dragged through the house into a room painted bright pink.

"I'm gonna give you a makeover now, sit down on the chair" Alexia demands.

I look over at the wooden chair made for kids three times smaller than me, she must be kidding. My gaze goes back to her small, excited face. She's six years old she doesn't know how to kid. Slowly I sit down in the chair with struggle, This can't be that bad I mean what kind of things can a kid her age have to do makeovers with? Some fake lipstick?