Chapter 4

OLIVER

I drive towards Mia's house and text Alex asking if he has been able to talk to Noah. He responds negatively, making me frown and a little bit anxious.

After ten minutes, I pull up into Mia's driveway and see Mia coming out of her home as if she already knew that I am here. She's wearing a white tank top and black denim shorts. She looks the same as when I saw her at the frat party. Gorgeous and sensuous simultaneously, wearing clothes that are actually her size.

"Hey, Oliver! C'mon, Mia and Savannah are here!" James exclaims as his phone beeps up.

"Finally!" I reply, sighing in annoyance.

Opening the door, Savannah and James suck each other's faces off while Mia checks my body out till I clear my throat, wanting to embarrass her. Mia's eyes immediately look everywhere but my eyes and body.

"Come on in, Mia!" James shouts over the loud music. I still don't understand why the music needs to be so noisy.

"Hi, Mia. Didn't expect to see you here tonight." I say, and she replies impudently, "Honestly, I do not care as to what you expect and what you do not. So, it is not my problem to satisfy your requirements or expectations."

"Woah. That was SAVAGE AF girl." Amy butts in before I can respond.

"Thanks, Amy." She says and Amy drags her away to the dance floor, saying, "Let's get this party started. Come on, Mia, show us your dance moves."

"Okay. But I get to choose the music." She says and I can't hear more of their conversation and abruptly "Dynamite" by BTS plays.

Her dance moves are astounding and phenomenal.

After some time, she sits down on a two-seater couch with a glass of water that wasn't going to do anything to help with the hangover tomorrow, and I sit next to her.

"So, maybe you do not like to keep to yourself and your books." I say, and she whips her head to come face to face to me as her pupils dilate a little bit.

"Maybe. Maybe not." She says, giggling a little bit.

"Hey, we got off on the wrong foot. Can we start over?" I say.

"Why?" She questions, her eyes brimming with curiosity.

"Firstly, you are not as drunk as everybody is right now." I say.

"Okay." She responds, wordlessly asking me to continue.

"Secondly, you seem fun to talk to." I add.

"How do you know that?" She asks.

"Body language." I assert.

"What does my body language vocalise to you right now?" She responds by asking another question.

"Your eye contact shows me that you are genuinely intrigued by talking to me." I reply, citing some stuff that I'd studied in some stupid Psychology book for a Biology project.

"That's true." She answers, making my eyes widen to the size of saucers.

"Why?" I demand.

"Firstly, you are not as drunk as everybody is right now." She says, mocking me.

"Okay." 

"Secondly, you seem fun to talk to."

"Ah-ha. So the tables have turned, have they now?" I ask.