Chapter 12

TW: Mentions of Drugging and Sexual Assault

MIA

What the hell? Mr Smith sexually assaulted a freshman? I need to be away from him. He is an absolute flirt. It floods my mind again with so many bad and distressing memories.

And Oliver is allowed to skip school? Then why is he attending school? Probably because it's my first day at Easton High. Well, if I get as involved in extracurricular activities as he is, maybe even I'd be allowed to skip school, and we could be together. Note to self: Stay away from Mr Smith. Try out for cheer leading and basketball. Then, I'd get to spend a lot more time with him. Why does he have to pick a fight with a teacher on the first day of the new year?

Physics is exceptionally dull and dreary.

Oliver whispers in my ear, "Physics is so riveting." Sarcasm drips from his words. It causes me to giggle rather loudly.

Mr Smith looks towards us and asks us, "Ms Thompson, would you care to share as to what was so funny about what Mr Anderson or I was saying that caused you to giggle?

"We were just talking about how riveting Physics is with you." I reply.

"Is that so? Could you please stand up and summarise everything I have told you in three sentences for the class."

"Well, you were babbling about Kinematics, mainly about the definition of displacement, speed and velocity. You also told us how to draw and interpret displacement-time graphs and. Lastly, you were going to tell us how to use vector addition to add two or more vectors." I state.

"So, you were paying attention, then?"

"Yes, I was and still am, Mr Smith. The same way you were and still are staring at my torso brazenly. Not to forget, you are ogling the other girls as well." I return.

"Woah, someone's feisty today." Oliver whispers.

"May I please sit down now?" I ask.

"Yes, you may." He says.

"I don't want to talk to him after class."

"Okay! I know that we will not get detention even if we go out of the class momentarily." Oliver exclaims happily.

"Well, he deserved it, Oliver." I state as we go out of the class before Oliver can say anything; my voice muffled by the bell.

"I know, Mia! I thought he would have become better after last year's incident." He replies.

"He is such a flirt!". We both exclaim synchronically.

"I was going to say all of the stuff you said after class. But, I am thrilled to see that you've started to stand up for yourself. Especially after what happened with Blake during the start of Year 10." He vocalises.

"Come on, Oliver, you can say that I was almost about to get raped by one of your friends, and then you beat the shit out of him. He got expelled for a year. And, now he is back in school. Honestly, it's not a big deal."

"You've got to be kidding me, Mia. You were about to get raped. You would've lost your virginity. Something that a hell lot of people save for their special someone. How the hell is it not a big deal?" Suddenly, he looks at me wide-eyed and says, "Please say that Blake is not your special someone."

Is he freaking crazy? After what he did to me, how can I even befriend him, let alone like him? He gave me drugs and tried to rape me. All because of one reason. That I did not want to date him or even hook up with him.

That day is etched in my mind distinctly. Even though I was drugged and drunk as hell. I joke about it now. I am over it, but I am not. My parents still do not know. Only three people know about it - Savannah, Oliver and the person who did the deed himself.