Chapter 10

MIA

I won the race. Well, the credit kinda goes to Oliver. He has helped me increase my stamina and speed over the summer because I want to try out for the school's track team. I used to run till Year 5, but then I stopped because it was affecting my studies. In Year 5, my grades dropped really low. High enough that I did not fail.

That was the end of running track events. In Year 6, when I changed schools, I started to study more and bake a lot. Baking was also one of the reasons I gained some extra pounds.

I enter school, and everyone - literally everyone - high fives Oliver.

Is he some celebrity? Oh yeah, he is.

He is a national kickboxing champion. Valedictorian. Star athlete as well. Runs track and is a football champion. He plays a bit of basketball, too, sometimes. It explains the towering statuesque, though. Also, he is in the running for head boy and football team captain for junior year. He will be the homecoming king for sure. Homecoming Queen - not so sure about that. He practically has no enemies. Boys are jealous and envious of him, but even they melt once they have just one conversation with him. Girls swoon over him. Even I do. But I just don't have the guts to tell him I fancy him, like him and admire him.

He and Noah have been through so much. I respect them enormously. They are undoubtedly self-made men. I would have definitely not made it in life had I been in their circumstances.

"So, let's go to Physics?" He asks me.

"Yep." I reply. It's going to be so damn hard for me to concentrate with him sitting right next to me. When I was in the car, I had goosebumps all over my body. He was still at a distance from me. Now, he was going to be right beside me.

"I'll show you around after lunch. We have a free lesson then." He states.

"Okay." I say, placing all my books neatly in my locker. Then, I see his locker. It is so unkempt. I take the Physics notebook and textbook out of the cubbyhole. He is an organised mess, really.

"Let's go." He says and we walk towards our class.