Following Hiccup

One Year before the events of the story happen

Astrid's POV

I was walking through the forest to the area that Stoick has dedication to me. This happened after I almost cut off Snotlout's head when practicing my axe throwing. Stoick found out and gave me an area of the forest that is restricted to the others in the tribe since he didn't want any headless viking in his village. 

I was practicing my aim when I heard a rustling in the bushes nearby. At first I thought it was just the twins, Ruffnut and Tuffnut, trying to scare me since it was Loki day. 

"Ruff, Tuff. If that's you I suggest you come out right now unless you want to suffer the same faith as Snotlout but this time I won't miss your heads!" 

The rustling stops for a second then gets louder. I have to admit I was a little scared but I buried that down. I got into battle position and was about to throw my axe when I saw a skinny boy step out from behind the bushes

"Please don't kill me!" the boy quickly says.

"Hiccup?" I asked shocked. I lower my axe as I do I stare at the the boy for a minute. He has messy auburn hair and light freckles scattered across his face. His eyes are a forest green that when I younger I used to dream about. He was little bit shorter than me and was very skinny even though he eat well. 

He's kind of cute in a dorky sort of way. I thought. When I realized what just happened I mentally punched myself and shook my head a little to get the thought out.

"What are you doing here? Your father closed off this part of the forest from the rest of the tribe so I could train without worrying about cutting of anyone's head."

Hiccup's POV

I was walking through the forest to the cove where Toothless is, lost in my thoughts not realizing that I was in the most dangerous part of the forest. (Astrid's training ground incase you didn't get that)

Soon I hear grunting and the sound of wood cracking. I hide behind a bush to see what was going on. I'm not the best at hiding which I find ironic since I am always trying to hide from my dad. I look out from behind the bush and see a teen with blonde hair throwing an axe at the trees. I start get up when I hear the person shout in my general direction which makes me get back down.

"Ruff, Tuff. If that's you I suggest you come out right now unless you want to suffer the same faith as Snotlout but this time I won't miss your heads!" 

I immediately recognize the voice. 

Astrid.  The girl I have had a crush on since I was five. I also remember what she is talking about. My cousin Snotlout had almost gotten his head chopped off when he want for a walk in the woods and ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time. Astrid had come back to the village with a passed out Snotlout dragging behind her. After that the my dad who also happens to be the chief decided that it was safer if Astrid had her own place in the woods to train. And now I was walking right through it. 

Perfect Just perfect I thought

I have no idea what to do. Should I reveal myself or stay hidden until she leaves. But knowing Astrid she could be here for hours. I start to get a cramp in my leg so I stand up. When I do I see that she is about the throw her axe. 

I quickly put my hands up in front of me for defense. "Please don't kill me." I cry.

"Hiccup?" Astrid said confused

"What are you doing here? Your father closed off this part of the forest from the rest of the tribe so I could train without worrying about cutting of anyone's head." She said after a couple seconds.