Getting Ready

Astrid's POV

I'm running through the halls getting back to my room. I was training with Heather and just got back when we were told that we have to get ready for dinner with some visitors. We are told nothing else.

I continue running down the halls when I feel someone grab my hand. 

"Astrid. Where is Thor's name have you been? I need to get you and Heather ready for dinner." Stella asks me.

"I know. I'm sorry Stella. We were training and I was just told about it." 

"Ok, Fine. Go get cleaned up I will be back soon." She walks away and I call after her saying that she better not put me in a dress. She waves my comment away and tells me to get moving. I chuckle and turn around. As I do I run straight into someone. 

"Oof" They grunt

I fall right on top of them. It takes me a minute for my vision to clear. I end up look at a young man about my age with platinum blonde hair and icy blue eyes. "Sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going."

"It's fine I wasn't looking either." 

I chuckle. "Get a move on girl! Stop with the chitter-chatter!" I hear Stella yell from down the hall.

"Yes ma'am" I call back. "Sorry I have to go," I say to the man. I run towards my room and think about how I haven't seen him before. Then again our tribe is known for taking in people who just have nowhere else to go. I don't give him another thought the rest of the night. 

I wash up and once I step out of the bathroom Stella is in my room looking at something.

"Is that my outfit?" I ask

"Yep. Please don't start yelling but it's a dress." I groan. "Invar insisted. It's going to get cold tonight and he wants you to be warm." I never truly healed from the ice. The spread might have stopped but it can always come back due to cold weather. 

"Fine let's just get this over with." Stella helps me get into the dress. It's red with two black stripes on the side. In the back is a floor-length cape. It's quite warm actually. I have my hair down. I also have to wear black heels.

Down the hall, I hear a couple of people struggling

Down the hall, I hear a couple of people struggling. It sounds like Heather is also being forced to wear a dress. I pick up my skirt and walk over to her room. When I enter I see Heather sitting on her bed and the dress is next to her. 

"Can you believe this Astrid? My dad wants me to wear a stupid dress. He knows I hate them." I just laugh.

"You're not the only one." I gesture to myself. "If I'm being forced to wear this monstrosity then you are as well. I'm going to suffer all by myself." Heather laughs and gets up. I look at the dress. It's a floor-length silver dress with flowy sleeves. It has a hood and just like mine, it's also really warm.