New Home and Friends

Hiccup's POV

It's been about a week since I met Jack and we've become close. We might not have a lot in common but we make it work. Unfortunately I can't say the same about Toothless. The two of them don't get along for some reason. I try to talk to my dragon about but he always turns away muttering under his breath. Jack and Toothless have gotten onto a lot of fights many in which attract nearby dragons who then what to get in on it. I think it might have to do with the fact that Jack is cold. Literally. Around him is an aura of cold air and he can control snow and ice with his stick. I'm not to sure Toothless is fond of that.

"Ok guys lets get going." I turn and see they are about to start fighting. 

"Really now?"

"What he started it!" Jack cried.

"Sure blame it on the dragon." Toothless replies.

"Toothless" I warned.

"That's enough. both of you." I look at them "We are all we have, ok? We need each other." I turn to Toothless. "We don't have Astrid any more." Toothless wines and looks down" I miss her too and honestly I prefer her over Jack who we just meet last week. Not to mention he was following but we need to each other so please try to get along."

I look at Jack. "Please try to get along with Toothless I told him the same thing. Ok? Are we good?... Good. Lets go" I take out a letter from my bag and call for a Terrible Terror. I tie it to the dragon's leg and let it go.

"What's that?" Jack asked.

"A letter to Astrid telling her me and Toothless are fine and that I will write to her once we find an island to call our own." 

"It that a smart idea? I mean what if someone else from you village finds it?"

"Don't worry it was in 'code' only things Astrid would understand. Some inside jokes and nicknames." I get on Toothless and take off. Jack is flying next to me. We have been flying for a long time and we fly right into a storm. 

"We have been flying for so long. We need to turn back."

"No we have gone to far in we need to keep going forward. You need a rest Jack get on Toothless's back" Toothless doesn't even flinch when Jack gets on.

We finally see a little lit coming signaling the end of the storm. I tell Toothless to fly towards it despite Jack's sarcastic remark. When we get through what we see is amazing. The sun is setting and I see an island. (Picture below)

"This is amazing

"This is amazing." Jack gushes and leaps of Toothless's back. "Hiccup, You let Toothless rest I can scout around to see if it's safe"

"Got it. I can also catch some food."

"Sounds good." Jack flys off

The sun has set now and I hear Jack coming back but I also hear some other voices. Toothless gets in battle position and I have my shield ready. When Jack comes out Toothless shot at the his feet.