Coming Home

Heather's POV

I meet Astrid about a week ago and we have become close friends. Windshear's wing has completely healed thanks to Astrid. Valkyrie's cuts and her leg are almost healed but she is still in no condition to fly.

"Astrid we need to go. I was supposed to be home last week"

"Heather I know but Valkyrie is in no condition to fly. Maybe you can send someone back to help us." Astrid suggestions

"I could but they wouldn't get here for another week and we have no idea how long it would take to heal her wing" We sit in silence thinking about what to do.

"Stormfly are you able to pick up Valkyrie?" Astrid asks her Nadder

"I can try but I might hurt her wing. Plus we also have your bags."we sit in silence thinking about what to do

"I know. We can make a net out of leaves and vines" I say.

"That might work but what leaves would we use? None of them are big enough to hold a dragon."

"None of the ones down here. But in the canopy the leaves are a lot bigger. We can use those"

"Ok what are we waiting for?" We get on our dragons and fly close to the canopy. 

After a while we are able to make a net big enough and strong enough to carry a dragon. Windshear and Stormfly take back of the net and Windshear takes the front. Valkyrie lays down on the net. We take off. 

After a rocky start, the dragons were able to get the hang of flying with the net. We have been flying for a while and I see a mountain that looks like it is made out of ice. 

"Right through there." I say to Astrid

"Are you sure?" I nod

She puts her hand on Stormfly's neck "Go straight girl."

We fly through a tunnel and enter into a huge cave made out of ice. I hear Astrid gasp behind me. We fly to an platform and gently drop the net. 

I gets off Windshear and we walk over to Valkyrie

"How are you doing girl" Astrid asks her.

"My wing hurts a lot"

"Ok let me get someone to check it out. Astrid you stay here with the dragons" I run off to find a healer. 

I wander around tunnes for a while trying to find someone. 

"Stella wait up" I call. A young woman with copper colored hair turns around and runs towards me. 

"Heather! Where have you been? Do you know how worried your father and brother are? You were supposed to be back two weeks ago, what happened. Your not hurt are you?"

"Stell calm down. I'm fine but I brought back a dragon who isn't. Her wing is burned pretty bad and no matter what I try it won't heal."

"Where is she?" We head back to Astrid and I show her Valkyrie.

"That's not good. Can she walk?"

"Yes" Astrid answers

"Ok I will take her to the healers."

"Valkyrie Stella is going to take you to healers." I tell the dragon. She looks at Astrid asking if it's ok with her eyes. 

"It's ok" She nods. Valkyrie gets up and follows Stella

Astrid turns to me smiling "This place is amazing Heather. It's beautiful" A baby Nadder runs up to Astrid. The blonde bends down and pets him.

Before I could answer I hear my name being called "Heather!" A man about two years older than me comes comes running. He stops in front of me and hugs me.

"Heather! Where in Thor's name have you been?"

"Hi Eret. Windshear got hurt and Astrid healed her but Astrid's dragon got injured and we didn't know what to do." I explain to the raven haired man.

"Thank gods your ok." Eret looks at Astrid behind me who is playing with some baby Nadders. "Uh... Hi I'm Eret"

Astrid's POV

I look up and I see a muscular young man no more than two years older than me with the same raven hair as Heather holding out his hand to help me up.

I take it and stand up. "I'm Astrid"

"Eret is my older brother." She catches me looking at him "Also he's single" Heather whispers. 

"Heather!" I scold

"What?" She said defensively

"Why do I need know that?"

"Oh come on. You were definitely looking at him."

"This conversation is over now." I said quickly 

"For now" Heather mumbles. I glare at her but she just smiles back. 

"So Astrid, Heather said your dragon is hurt but there is a dragon behind you." 

"This is Stormfly I found her  about a four years ago. She had an injured wing. About a week ago I found Valkyrie. She had gotten into a fight with other dragon and was injured"

"So you like saving injured dragons" Eret jokes

"I kind of just stumble upon them. I guess though."

"What kind of dragon is she? Valkyrie I mean. "

"A Light Fury" I notice the look on Eret's face. "She's basically a white Night Fury"

After talking for a few minutes me and Heather say goodbye to Eret and go looking for her dad. As we are walk I look around in awe. The home is made out of ice that surrounds columns of stone. The walls have some small caves in them were dragons were flying in and out of. 

"Each of the caves is for different species of dragons but most of the dragons don't mind sharing a cave with other species." Heather explains to me.  We continue walking through the halls.

"Which way are the healer? I want to check on Valkyrie later"

"I can show you after we meet with my dad"

We wander around checking all the rooms. The two of us make it to a small room were there are a group of people talking. In the middle is a tall man with dark hair addressing the group. I assume that he's Heather's dad. 

"Dad!" Heather calls walking toward him

The man turns around and his eyes light up when he sees his daughter. "Heather! Your back" The two hug "Where have you been? I was planning on sending a search party."

"I'm ok Dad." Heather pulls away and gestures to me. "This is Astrid Hofferson. I meet her on my way home. Windshear got hurt and Astrid helped her."

"Thank you helping my daughter. I'm Inar."

"It's a pleasure to meet you" I shake his hand

I hear a gasp from the back of the room and see a woman with two long braids staring at me. I immediately recognize her.

"Astrid?"

Sorry this took so long to update. I wasn't sure what to write.

Thank you for all the views. Please tell me what you think so far. That would mean a lot.

Stay safe ❤️