Chapter 29: Saving the best for last!

After Siren and you finished wiping out everyone in the house, you walked outside to find Jeff standing in the middle of the road, his right foot tapping the ground. Siren rolled her eyes as she walked up to him.

"I take your girlfriend into one house and you act like a dad waiting for their daughter to get home after curfew." she said, slight aggravation in her voice. Jeff looked at her and sighed.

"I just wanted to go with her first." he whined. You chuckled and walked up to him before cupping his cheek and kissing him. He seemed to calm slightly and straightened.

"I'm with you now so lets go, shall we?" you said and he smiled before nodding. He followed you to a house not far from the one he was in and looked inside to get a feel for the room in the house. You were looking into the living room (picture) which was nicely decorated and clean. You looked at Jeff and saw that he was studying the layout of the room. After a few minutes, he nodded and looked for a way to enter the house. He continued until he reached the back of the house. From there, he pulled a lock-pick out of his pocket and worked the back door. You watched, occasionally looking around for any sign of life before a soft click came from the door.

You entered the house into what seemed to be near the living room. Jeff lead the way by going to the front of the house where stairs lead up to the second floor near the front door. Slowly, he climbed the steps. Thankfully, only a few of the steps squeaked but they were quiet and soft. You trailed close behind him, feeling like your sense of hearing had increased in the moment of the hunt. When you both reached the top of the staircase, you saw a hallway with three doors on the left and two on the right. If you were thinking logically, one of the door would lead to a bathroom, unless the bedrooms had connected bathrooms. You would have to figure that out as you went along.

Jeff walked to the closet door on the left, not a single floorboard creaking under his weight. You followed and he opened a door to see a girl around your age sleeping peacefully under a thick blanket. You could see why. When Jeff opened the door, cold air escaped the room. Perhaps she liked her room freezing? It didn't matter. She was still prey. You looked at Jeff, silently asking who would take her. He looked at you and pointed to himself. You nodded in understanding and quietly moved out of sight.

Jeff moved next to the girls bedside, knife ready for blood. You watched as he looked at her, insanity dancing slightly in his eyes and you remembered Siren's insanity, which seemed to blaze like a wildfire compared to the insanity in Jeff's eyes. His seemed calmer, more under control while Siren's was more like a caged beast, waiting for the next time it can be let out. You thought it fitting for her considering that she was part wolf. She seemed to have so much pent-up anger and aggression that she doesn't seem to understand how to let it out properly. Then again, no one really knew.

You were pulled out of your thoughts when the sound of the girl moving under her covers. She seemed to finally sense the danger she was in as she slowly opened her eyes. As soon as her eyes landed on Jeff, he pounced at her, hand on her mouth and a knife to her throat. His cut-in smile was wider than usual.

"GO. TO. SLEEP!!!" he said as he slit her throat, blood spilling quickly from the wound. She didn't stand a chance.