Chapter 1: Just another day in the woods

You have lived alone near the heart of the woods for about 13 years. You were 18 years old now so you were pretty young went you started living there. your parents were killed in a house fire when you were 5. After they died, you bounced around from foster home to foster home, until you ran away into the woods from your 7th foster house at the age of 5 1/2. And you never regretted it. Ever since then, you have been stealing stuff from the town about 10 miles away. Things like clothes, sleeping materials, sodas, junk food, things that always caught your eye. But you only stole if you had to. You have been caught several times in the past but you always managed to escape.

Anyway, it was a day that had repeated itself like every other day for the past 13 years. You awoke to the beautiful sunrise through the trees and when your little animal hospital where you helped the sick or injured of the forest. No, you didn't have the ability to understand the animals, but you had live there long enough to understand what their body language was telling you and what a sound meant. After you checked on them, you went in search of food. Around the time when the sun was at its highest point, you returned with berries things of that nature. Before you started cooking, however, you checked once more on your patients. After you were done, you built yourself a small campfire to cook.

You didn't do much after that. By the time the moon had passed the horizon, you heard the howling of wolves in the distance. It was about a mile or two away, but you weren't one to take chances. You checked one more time on the animals before going to your hand made bed of dry grass, a pillow, and some blankets. You laid on your back staring at the stars above you.

'Great, another boring day wasted away.' you silently thought to yourself.