Chapter 18: The deal

(what Daemon would look like if he had his own body)

"WHAT?!" you screamed, quickly standing up, everyone turning to look at you. There was no way Daemon was connected to someone else! He would have to told you! Then again, you barely knew him so he could be hiding all kinds of secrets! You noticed everyone staring and blushed with embarrassment before rushing up the stairs to your room. You closed the door and climbed into bed to stare out your open window.

'What have u been keeping from me, Daemon?' you thought. He took a while to respond but when he did, he was quiet like he didn't want anyone to hear him.

'I was gonna tell you truly! But I wanted you to know me personally before that.' he said, a mental picture of him curled up in a slight ball of shame. You sensed his honesty and was a little surprised. You thought demons were normally ruthless and cold. You forgot that Daemon shared your mind before you heard him chuckle.

'I'm glad you don't think I'm any of those things. I've changed a lot ever since I was forced into another living being, especially from the werewolf Siren.' He paused for a moment. 'She was the kind of person who was a wallflower of sorts...she preferred that people go to her for friendship instead of her go to them. She was scared of rejection so she thought that if they truly wanted to be her friend, then they would come to her. Even after her...misfortune growing up, she still lived by those rules. She was insane as all hell, but she had the purest heart you could ever find.' he said, a hint of love and appreciation in his voice. You smiled softly, realizing how much he cared for his old host.

'You cared about her didn't you?' you asked in your head. You had a mental vision of him nodding.

'She was the one who truly changed me for the better. I saw everything through her eyes and felt everything she felt. I love her like as if she was my own sister.' he said. You smiled. You hoped he would one day feel the same way about you.

'Ok, lets make a deal. We don't keep major secrets from each other anymore. I mean I can't keep a secret from you but you can't keep me in the dark like you did with the information about Siren, ok?' you said. You felt Daemon think about it then he nodded.

'Deal.'

(451 words)