Chapter 21: Connections

(this is what ??? looks like for those who want/need a visual)

(Your POV)

You stopped running to catch your breath and when you looked up, your jaws dropped. A tall, majestic, pure black wolf stood over you staring down at you, their glowing eyes seeming to stare deep into your soul. You stared in awe at the giant beast as it slowly shrank and shifting into a woman, a little over your age. Her long pitch black hair, which resembled the wolf's coat, was long and tangled and the moonlight shone beautifully on it, giving her a aura look on her head. When she stood straight, you noticed black wolf ears on the top of her head, pointing up. Her outfit had a relaxed but combat ready feel. She wore a dark blue tank-top with a dark grey pair of jeans, a crescent moon belt on her hip. You saw a long fluffy tail behind her, the moon shining off the fur like her hair was. Her skin was a little darker than fair and she looked fairly built. She actually looked like a normal girl except for the ears and tail.

The real eye grabber to you, though, was her eyes. When she opened her eyes, your jaw dropped at the sight. Her eyes were a beautiful silver with slits like cat pupils in the middle. They seemed to scan every bit of your body like she was looking for any weaknesses you might have had. Her eyes narrowed slightly when she finally connected eyes with you.

"Who are you?" she asked, her voice low but powerful. You sensed that she wasn't someone who made a good enemy and you felt like running to hide behind Jeff under her gaze.

"(Y-Y/N)." you stuttered, cursing yourself for feeling so weak. Her eyes narrowed a little more.

"Do I know you?" she asked. Now that she mentioned it, she did look a little familiar but you couldn't figure out from where. you knew she wasn't famous because if she was, any of the guys in the mansion might have described her and with her looks, it would be hard to forget her. So why was she so familiar? You wondered if it was because of Daemon being connected to the both of you but you weren't sure that was that entire case. You shrugged at her question and she nodded at looked at Jeff.

"Now you definitely look familiar." she said.

(??? POV)

I stared down at the female and shifted to my human form. When I opened my eyes, her jaw relaxed so it could hang slightly in awe. I looked her up and down to see if she was a threat but I didn't find must of anything, tho I felt like I knew her.

"Who are you?" I asked. I sensed slight fear coming from her when I spoke.

'Guess even humans can be effected.' I thought.

"(Y-Y/N)." she said in a shaky but quiet voice. I narrowed my eyes, thinking that I recognized her voice from somewhere.

"Do I know you?" I asked. She didn't anything for a while than shrugged. I nodded in understanding then looked at the male who was at the edge of the clearing staring at me like he saw a ghost, though like the (Y/N), I felt like I knew them but from some reason the feeling was stronger with him even though I hate males! I quickly scanned him like I did (Y/N).

"Now you definitely look familiar." I said. I had the feeling I could get answers to questions I've been having for some time. And if I don't get what I want, then I get another free meal tonight.