Arms Wide Open

A/N: I hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year!

I'm sorry it's taken so long to update. I was busy with Christmas and then spending time with my little family trying to make it the best we could since we couldn't visit family or do the things we normally would. Then it took me a while to get my head back in the writing game. We're also back in national lockdown here in England so back to playing school teacher for the next 6 weeks.

~°*°~

April 3rd 2010, Mystic Falls, Virginia

Song: With Arms Wide Open; Creed

Well I just heard the news today

It seems my life is gonna change

I close my eyes, begin to pray

Then tears of joy stream down my face

Imogen's POV

I wake with Damon spooning me, his arms wrapped tightly around me and one hand resting on my tummy. It's been two weeks since our wedding and we think we conceived, so I told him that I would take a test today to find out for sure.

I'm 99% sure that I am. I'm starting to feel slightly nauseous on and off during the day and Damon has commented about my scent changing again, most likely due to the change in hormones.

"Morning." He mumbles into my hair.

"Morning." I reply, turning over to look at him. He has an odd look on his face.

"What's that look for?" I ask.

"I'm not sure if I'm nervous or excited." He replies, with a slight frown.

"Why would you be nervous?" I ask with furrowed brows.

"Because we are surrounded by supernatural drama and that's going to make it harder to keep you safe." He replies.

"It will be fine. You'll see. I'll go do the test." I say.

I head into the bathroom and pull out the tests I got yesterday. There are two types, one that shows 2 pink lines if you're pregnant and one that is digital. I do both tests and take them back to bedroom. I sit on the bed and place them face down.

We sit there in silence, Damon gently rubbing my hand until the time is up.

"Here goes." I say, turning over the line test. We see two pink lines on it.

"What does that mean?" Damon asks.

"Turn the other one over." I reply. He gives me a confused look but does as I ask.

"Pregnant 1-2." He says. I grin at him. "You're definitely pregnant." He says, grinning widely.

"I am." I reply.

"What does 1-2 mean? 1-2 kids?" He asks. I laugh in response and he glares a little.

"No. It means it's been 1-2 weeks since conception, so technically 3-4 weeks pregnant. Which would be right as it's been 2 weeks." I tell him.

"How does that make you 4 weeks pregnant?" He asks confused.

"They date pregnancies from the first day of the last period, so it's always around 2 weeks longer than when it actually happened." I explain.

"That makes no sense." He replies.

"I know, but don't worry about it." I tell him. The next thing I know he is out of bed and picking me up, twirling me around. I laugh.