Road Trip... and a Plane

A/N: I've had a Twilight plot bunny in my head for weeks. I decided to start that story in the hopes it would leave me alone enough to work on this more! It's a Paul/OC fic, so check it out if you're into Twilight and the wolves.

I don't anything you recognise, only my OCs.

All mistakes are my own. I don't have a beta, and my proof reading is sometimes non existent!

~°*°~

August 25th, 2010

The last few weeks have been suspiciously quiet. Jeremy and Matt have suddenly started hanging around together, which is not something they've ever done before. It has me concerned.

There have been no new leads on Stefan or Klaus, which has annoyed Elena. She doesn't think we're doing enough to get him back.

I'm now 23 weeks pregnant and my bump is growing. I've been feeling movements for a few weeks now, but they're not strong enough for Damon to feel from the outside yet. Every time baby is moving he puts his hand on my tummy to try and feel him, and when he can't he gives me his sexy pout. That usually results in me dragging him to the bedroom, not that he's complaining.

It's evening and we're curled up on the sofa in the library watching a movie. Damon has a whiskey in hand (of course) and I've got a blood bag. This pregnancy is definitely making me want blood more than usual.

We're quietly watching the movie when Damon's phone rings. He answers and then mouths 'Katherine' at me. I hear the conversation with my enhanced hearing.

"You're interrupting my drink." Damon says.

"You miss me?"

"Katherine. Where are you?"

"Lurking outside your window, pining away."

Damon rolls his eyes. "What do you want?"

"I'm homesick. What have I missed?"

"Well, Stefan's still Klaus' little prisoner and Elena still thinks she can save him and no one's thought about you since you left." Damon says, whilst I stifle a giggle.

"And what about you? You've given up on your brother."

"I didn't give up on him. I just don't know where he is."

Katherine hums down the line. I cock an eyebrow at Damon.

"But you do. Are you trailing them?" He continues.

"A hybrid who wants me dead and his sidekick who's off the rails? I couldn't be further away."

"Which means you know exactly where they are."

"All I know is that Klaus pitched a fit once his hybrids didn't work. Now he's looking for some answers."

"How do you know that?"

"Spend 500 years running, and there will be a few people along the way that are looking out for you."

"Is that what you're doing? Looking out for my brother?" Damon asks.