Meeting More Family

A/N: I know in the TV show, Katherine had Jeremy in the trunk when she and Damon were running the necklace away from Mystic Falls. Things will change a bit - Anna isn't dead so she doesn't need Jeremy to talk to her to find out where Mikael is.

A big thank you to everyone who left reviews, and has voted for and left comments on Soulmates. I know I've been slow on posting, and I'm sorry about that. I do seem to be getting back into it now I've started my Twilight fic, my muse is finally happy so I'm not struggling to write anymore.

~°*°~

August 30th, 2010

Today has been a quiet day, we've spent the day watching TV and playing with Scarlett. I almost managed to forget we're supernatural and live in a world surrounded by the supernatural. Being nearly around 24 weeks pregnant, a quiet day was much needed.

I know that Elena starts senior year the day after tomorrow, so tomorrow night they will all be going to set up for prank night. I have an uneasy feeling, but I'm not sure why. Of course, we did prank night when we started senior year - it seems so long ago.

"You're quiet." Damon says from where he's sat behind me on the couch. Scarlett is in bed for the night.

"Just thinking." I reply.

"Anything interesting?" He asks.

"Just that it's been 2 years since I was setting up for senior prank night, and how much has happened in the last 2 years. Heck even just the last year, year since I met you at the coffee shop."

"Hmm." Damon hums. "You're right. In some ways, it's been the best year of my existence."

"Mine too. A year ago, I was just a teenage single Mom, starting college. Now I'm a half witch, half vampire hybrid, married to my vampire soulmate and pregnant with our second hybrid baby. Werewolves exist. I was adopted, and my real Mom is a hybrid, with my real Dad an Original vampire. My sister's a Doppelganger who was used in a sacrifice and brought back from the dead, and now my 'Uncle', who has turned your brother back into a ripper, is heading to town because my sister is still alive and his hybrids don't work. Yet despite all the drama, I wouldn't change a thing. Being here with my husband, our daughter, and having a son on the way is just perfect."

"I can definitely agree with that." Damon says, wrapping his arms around me and rubbing my belly. "What was that?" He asks, suddenly startled.

"That, dear husband, was our son kicking." I reply. Damon gives me a massive grin.

"That is amazing! Oh, he did it again!"

I turn and smile up at him, before leaning in to kiss him. We spend a while cuddling, Damon talking to my belly trying to get the baby to kick again. Every time he feels him move he grins widely and kisses me softly.

~°*°~

August 31st, 2010

Today has been fun. We decided to be a normal (or as normal as we can be) family and we took Scarlett to the discovery museum. She loved getting to explore everything, and we had a great day, although tiring considering I'm nearly 6 months pregnant.

We arrive back home late, after having stopped for dinner on the way home. We out Scarlett straight to bed and Damon runs a bath for us. We climb in, me resting my back against Damon's chest, and we both relax. Damon gently traces patterns on my arm with one hand, and the other hand rests on my bump. Suddenly we're disturbed by my phone ringing.

"Ignore it." Damon says. I sigh and close my eyes, leaning my head back on his shoulder. My phones stops ringing, then Damon's starts. I groan.

"I'm ignoring it. I don't want to move." Damon says, kissing my temple. His phone stops and mine starts again. I groan.