Not Strong Enough

September 9th, Mystic Falls, Virginia

Song: Not Strong Enough; Apocalyptica featuring Brent Smith

I'm not strong enough to stay away.

Can't run from you.

I just run back to you.

Like a moth I'm drawn into your flame.

Say my name,

But it's not the same.

You look in my eyes.

I'm stripped of my pride.

And my soul surrenders,

And you bring my heart to its knees.

And it's killin' me when you're away.

I wanna leave and I wanna stay.

And I'm so confused,

So hard to choose

Between the pleasure and the pain.

Imogen's POV

I open my eyes and hear Scarlett crying to get my attention. I drag myself out of bed, change her diaper and settle in the rocking chair to feed her. I look out of the window and see the crow sitting in the tree and smile. It makes me feel strangely safe, as if it's watching over us. I hear a knock at my door and Elena walks in. She tells me more about yesterday and how Stefan put Mr Tanner the history teacher in his place over the number of casualties in the Battle of Willow Creek, how Matt was upset with her talking to Stefan, how Caroline was upset that Stefan wasn't interested in her and how she and Stefan spent the whole night talking. I remember that Vicki was attacked and although I don't particularly like Vicki as I feel she is leading Jeremy astray, I know he's going to still be upset this morning. After Elena leaves and Scarlett is fed I head over to Jeremy's room, knock and go in when I hear a muffled grunt.

"Hey Jer, how are you this morning?" I ask as I go over to the bed and sit next to him as Scarlett coos.

"It was awful finding her like that" he replies. I wrap my free arm around him and give him a hug.

"If you need anything Jer, you know where I am"

"Thanks Imogen. I think I'm going to get dressed and head to the hospital to see how she's doing"

I smile and say goodbye before heading back to my room.

I get Scarlett and myself dressed and I'm just finishing up when I hear Jenna and Elena talking at the top of the stairs. Jenna is asking if she should have her hair up or down for Jeremy's parent-teacher conference. I smile a little when I realise he said the reason he was leaving early was for woodshop. I grab our bags and head downstairs for breakfast before getting Scarlett settled in her car seat and heading to College.

~°*°~

I've just dropped Scarlett at daycare and am heading to the library to do some work as my first class isn't for an hour when my phone beeps, alerting me that I have a message.