Better Than Life

A/N - There is smut in this chapter.

~°*°~

September 23rd 2009, Mystic Falls, Virginia

Song: Better Than Life; Papa Roach

Fuck me like you mean it

Make me worship you, I'm a believer

Come erase the static in my head, pull me close to your chest

Like a secret you kept in the dark

Break me into pieces

Take away the breath I'm barely breathing

I can feel you running through my blood, the adrenaline rush

Hits my heart like a drug, lift me up

Damon's POV

I wake up before Stefan and I can't resist going to his room and getting in his head to give him a bad dream. He really needs to learn how to deal with human blood. The bad dream wakes him.

"Bad dream? Do you know how easy it was to get into your head just now? You really need some human blood. It might even the playing field. Football reference. Too soon." I say. Stefan grabs a letter opener and throws it at me. It lands in my stomach. I pull it out with a frown.

"All right, I deserved that for the dream. But I just wanted to let you know, they caught the culprit. The animal responsible for killing coach Tanner. Although he did deserve that."

"What are you talking about?" Stefan asks

"It was a mountain lion. Really big one. It attacked a hunter this morning. It's all over the news. 'Deadly beast captured. All's well in Mystic Falls.' "

"It's about time you covered your tracks. Tanner did deserve it though."

"We finally agree on something. It's a miracle!"

"I actually think Imogen might be good for you"

"Mmhmm" I hum, and stab him in the stomach with the letter opener he threw at me. "This is John Varvatos, dude. Dick move." I say as I leave his room, inspecting the hole in my T-shirt.

I head downstairs only to run in to Zach.

"I didn't know you were here" he says.

"I do live here" I reply.

"Why are you here Damon?"

"To spend time with you and Stefan. And I met a girl. She's changed me" I sigh.

"Somehow I don't believe that" Zach mutters. I hear him anyway.

"Look Zach, the old me would have ripped your head off by now, but I'm going to give you some advice. Leave Mystic Falls for good if you want to carry on living"

Zach gulps and heads to his room, hopefully to pack.

~°*°~

Imogen's POV

Tomorrow is the Founder's Ball, and I've already asked Damon to be my date. We've been spending a lot of time together over the last couple of weeks. We either stay at his house (which I love as his bed is massive and so comfortable) or he sneaks in my room. True to his word a couple of days after I first stayed at the boarding house a beautiful cherry wood crib appeared in his room, matching the rest of his furniture exactly. One of the drawers in his dresser was also filled with baby clothes and downstairs is a bouncer chair and playmat for her. The pack and play has also been moved downstairs for nap times during the day.