Blinded By The Lights

January 8th 2010, Mystic Falls, Virginia

Song: Blinding Lights; The Weeknd

I look around and

Sin City's cold and empty (Oh)

No one's around to judge me (Oh)

I can't see clearly when you're gone

I said, ooh, I'm blinded by the lights

No, I can't sleep until I feel your touch

I said, ooh, I'm drowning in the night

Oh, when I'm like this, you're the one I trust

Hey, hey, hey

Damon's POV

The last couple of weeks have been quiet. I'm still amazed that Imogen is now my fiancée. She has been busy planning things with Elena, Caroline and Bonnie. We told Jenna and Jeremy the day after I proposed, they were surprised at first, but we explained about the soulmate bond and that there will never be anyone else romantically for either of us, and they understood.

I'm sitting in the library reading and enjoying a glass of bourbon whilst Imogen is at college and Scarlett at daycare when Stefan comes in.

"Can we talk?" he asks.

"Yeah" I reply.

"There was a woman you may have known a few years back named Isobel, in North Carolina at Duke." he says.

"You wanna discuss the women in my past right now? Seriously? I've just got engaged to the love of my life."

"You killed her."

"What's your point Stefan? I had the switch off. You know that."

"I just... I just wanna know if you remember anything about her." he says.

"It's like a needle in a haystack, Stefan. Switch was off, I did a lot of things I shouldn't."

"Well, think hard. It's important." he tells me.

"The only important thing right now is that I have a lunch date with my beautiful fiancée" I say and head to the Grill to meet Imogen after college.

I head to the bar and take a seat next to the new history teacher.

"Bourbon" I say to the bartender. He pours me a glass and pushes it over.

"Behold the teacher. Don't you have some papers to grade?" I say to him.

"It's, uh, more fun with a buzz." he replies.

"Well, most things in life are. Sober can be depressing at times."

"You don't strike me as somebody who gets depressed." he says. He has no clue. I'm happy now, but that doesn't mean I haven't been depressed in the past.

"You say that like you know me." I say.

"Nope. Just a hunch." he replies. He finishes his drink and gets up to leave. "You have a good afternoon."

"Very likely. I'm meeting my fiancée" I reply with a smirk. He leaves.

I sit there a few minutes longer when the Sheriff comes over.