Monsters

September 11th 2009, Mystic Falls, Virginia

Song: Monsters; Shinedown

Cause my monsters are real, and they're trained how to kill

And there's no coming back and they just laugh at how I feel

And these monsters can fly, and they'll never say die

And there's no going back, if I get trapped I'll never heal

'Cause my monsters are real

Imogen's POV

It's Friday, which means my classes finish at 11am and I have the afternoon off. It's been a long week and I'm looking forward to spending time with Scarlett this afternoon. I drop Scarlett off at daycare and I'm headed to class when I get a message.

Morning Sunshine, what are your plans for today? ~ Damon

I have class until 11am then I have no plans xo ~ Imogen

Would you like to come to my place for lunch? Stefan will be at school and Zach is out of town ~ Damon

Would love to, we'll be there around 11.30am xo ~ Imogen

I smile to myself, I'm so pleased he wants to see me again. I head to class, eager for it to be over so I can see him again.

~°*°~

Damon's POV

After last night I decide I can't hide who I am from Imogen. I need to tell her that I'm a Vampire before things go any further. I really care about her and Scarlett and I don't want to keep anything from her. I send her a message asking what she is up to as I know Stefan is at school and Zach is out of town for the weekend. Stefan also plans to stay after school whilst Elena is at Cheer practice so I know we will have the house to ourselves until at least 5pm. I'm happy but nervous when she says she will be here around 11.30am. I make some homemade pasta and a tomato sauce so that when we are ready to eat I can quickly cook the pasta and heat the sauce.

~°*°~

Imogen's POV

I arrive at the boarding house at 11.30am, and Damon must have heard my car as he comes out to get Scarlett for me whilst I grab the diaper bag and my purse. We head inside to the Living room. I take Scarlett out of her car seat and settle her in a nest of cushions with a couple of toys from her bag. Damon seems nervous about something. He always comes across so self assured, cocky in a way, so this is strange to me.

"Are you okay? You seem nervous" I ask.

"Erm...yes...no...kinda" he stammers and takes a deep breath. "I have something to tell you, and I have no idea how you're going to take it but I need you to promise me that no matter what you won't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you."

"I promise" I say. Now I'm nervous. What could he possibly have to tell me?

He stands and heads over to the bar, pours himself a generous measure of bourbon and downs it in one.

He looks at me with an intense gaze.

"I'm a Vampire" he states.

"Err... don't be silly Damon. Vampires are a myth." I reply.