Enemies

A/N: I've been asked if Imogen is now pregnant after the blood sharing in the last chapter. The answer is no, they didn't exchange blood at the same time, Damon drank from Imogen then Imogen drank from Damon. There will be another baby but not just yet.

We've just started a 4 week lockdown here in the UK, so I might get to write a little more.

As usual I don't own anything TVD related, but Damon owned me this chapter and wanted it all in his POV.

~°*°~
January 30th 2010, Mystic Falls, Virginia

Song: Enemies; Shinedown

You got the world on it's knees

You're taking all that you please

You want more! (You want more!)

But you'll get nothing from me

You're like the burden we bear

You love the hate that we share

You want more! (You want more!)

But you'll get nothing from me

But enemies! Enemies!

Damon's POV

I wake up to Imogen asleep with her head on my chest and her leg thrown over mine. We have a massive bed and yet we both prefer to sleep with as much skin to skin contact as possible. Having her close soothes the thoughts that I don't deserve her or that she'll leave. I know we're soulmates and she won't ever love anyone else, but my past spanned over a century and a half and doesn't just go away overnight.

Jenna had Scarlett overnight last night so I could take Imogen out on a date, so we don't have to get up for her. As much as I love my daughter, it was nice to spend some time with Imogen alone. I took her out to a fancy restaurant and when we got home we had sex in the shower, in the bath tub, up against the wall, in bed, you get the picture. We didn't get to sleep until the early hours.

I think over the last couple of weeks, since the day Stefan was tortured by the tomb vamps. Imogen was a big help that day and she's been practising with Grams since as well. She's working on building her strength so doing a lot of spells or channeling a lot of magic doesn't take it out of her so much. She also told me what she found out about her parents. No one knows who her Dad is and her Mom, Aunt and Grandma died in a tragic car crash when she was still a baby. She was upset but she seems okay now.