Are You Ready Now?

December 2nd 2009, On the road, Georgia

Song: Are you ready?; Disturbed

Are you ready?

They aren't ready for you to be strong

Are you ready?

They aren't ready for you to prove them wrong

Are you ready?

They aren't ready for you to be turned into someone

Who cannot be preyed upon

Imogen's POV

I wake up in the passenger seat of Damon's car.

"Morning beautiful" Damon says, smiling over at me.

"Morning" I grumble, trying to stretch out the aches from sleeping in the car. "Where are we?"

"Georgia" he replies, with a smirk.

"You need to pull over" I say as Scarlett starts crying from the back. He pulls over and I take her out of her seat. I change her and sit in the passenger seat so I can feed her.

"We're almost there" Damon says.

"Where is there?" I ask.

"A little place right outside of Atlanta"

I nod in response. Scarlett is finished feeding so I get her back in her car seat and we head off again.

~°*°~

A while later we pull up outside a bar. The sign outside says 'Bree's Bar'.

"You brought us to a bar? They're not going to let us in with a baby" I say.

"Sure they will" Damon replies, grabbing Scarlett from the back seat and inclining his head for me to follow.

We walk in and the tall dark skinned woman behind the bar looks up and sees us.

"No. No, it can't be. Damon. My honey pie." she says, swinging her legs over the bar and heading towards us. I raise my eyebrow.

She goes to kiss Damon but he stops her. "Bree, this is Imogen"

Bree looks at me for a few seconds before heading back to the bar. She sets out shot glasses and fills them as we take seats at the bar, with Scarlett in her seat between us.

"Listen up everybody! Here's to the man that broke my heart, crushed my soul, destroyed my life, and ruined any and all chances of happiness! Drink up!" she shouts. I look at Damon with a raised eyebrow. He responds with a smirk and we down our shots.

"So, how'd he rope you in?" she asks me, pouring more shots.

"I'm not roped, we're dating" I reply.

"Honey, if you're not roped, you're whipped. Either way, just enjoy the ride" Bree says with a smile.

"So, how did you two meet?" I ask.

"College" Bree replies.

"You went to college?" I ask Damon. We've talked about some parts of his past, but he's never mentioned college.

"I've been on a college campus, yes" he replies with a smirk. I roll my eyes.

"About twenty years ago, when I was a sweet, young freshman, I met this beautiful man, and I fell in love. And then he told me about his little secret, made me love him more. Because, you see, I had a little secret of my own that I was dying to share with somebody." Bree tells me.