We Let It Go

A/N: Here's the next Chapter! 3 chapters in 3 days! Enjoy!

~°*°~

February 14th 2010, Mystic Falls, Virginia

Song: This Is The Time (Ballast); Nothing More

This is the time that we let it go

These are the words that will take us home

Singing the song that's inside us all

If we don't open our eyes we're walking blind

Imogen's POV

It's been a week since Damon and Elena locked Stefan up in the basement to get him over his little blood problem. Damon is worried about him, although he's trying to show that he's not. He's been out and hunted animals to get blood, but Stefan is refusing to eat.

I'm in our bedroom doing college work after putting Scarlett down for a nap when Damon comes in.

"Is he still refusing to eat?" I ask.

"Yep. He's going to start dessicating soon." Damon replies.

"So he's being a drama queen." I say with a sigh.

"You could put it that way. He's feeling guilty for attacking that girl. At least we stopped him before he went full on Ripper." Damon says, taking away my college books and wrapping his arms around me.

"I suppose we should be thankful for that, but this whole sulking thing is a bit childish if you ask me. I think he should have learned to control himself on human blood instead of denying his nature for so long and acting like he's better than you because of it." I say.

"I've been saying that for decades Imz." Damon replies. "I've tried to help him in the past but it's never ended well. Either that or Lexi came along and blamed me for everything then got him back on animal blood."

"So another one that only see's the bad side of you huh?" I ask.

"Yep. Even before I left her to burn on a rooftop in the 70's" he replies.

"Do you think she could get through to him?" I ask.

"Perhaps, but I'd rather not call her so she can blame me for it all."

"That's a fair point. I hate how everyone twists all the bad things around to blame you even when it's not your fault."

"You and me both Imz." he replies with a sigh.

We hear Scarlett wake up, so Damon goes to get her. My phone rings and I check the caller ID. It's Elena.

"Hey Elena."

"Hey Immy. I just wanted to check in on Stefan."

"Damon said he's still refusing to eat."

"Why is he doing this Immy?"

"From what I can tell, guilt. No doubt because he pretends to be so much better than other Vampires when the reality is he's just like them."