Love Me'Til The Day I Die

A/N: I'm sorry again for the wait! Between working from home and playing teacher I've been busier than usual. I started this story in September when my daughter had returned to school and having her home and having to do school work with her after I finish work is eating into my reading and writing time.

~°*°~

April 27th 2010, Mystic Falls, Virginia

Song: Youngblood; 5 Seconds of Summer

And I'm just a dead man walking tonight

But you need it, yeah, you need it

All of the time

Yeah, ooh ooh ooh

Imogen's POV

We wake late as Scarlett was with Jenna overnight. Damon has his arms wrapped around me and his hands are on my tummy. I smile before dashing out of bed to the bathroom to vomit. Damon comes in behind me and holds my hair out of the way, rubbing my back gently.

"Urgh" I groan out.

"You okay? Is there something wrong?" He asks, worriedly.

"I'm fine. Morning sickness, another pregnancy symptom." I explain.

He kisses my head as I go to the sink to brish my teeth.

We get ready for the day and I call Elijah to let him know Klaus is in Ric's body and he knows I'm his niece. He tells me not to worry about it and that tomorrow is the full moon so Klaus will likely be in his normal body very soon.

We head out to Ric's apartment as we think that may be where Katherine is. We break the door open.

"Katherine." Damon says.

"What are you doing here?" She asks.

"We are here to see if you deserve to be rescued." He replies.

"I'm really not sure why." I say, rolling my eyes.

"I figured when you disappeared from the tomb you still might be kicking. Riklaus was blending way too easily. Figured he probably had some coaching." Damon explains, rolling a vial of clear liquid on his fingers.

"Is that...?" Katherine starts, before breaking off.

"Vervain? Your salvation." Damon replies.

"He compelled me to stay here. It's not going to undo anything." Katherine says.

"There's always a loophole. Did he tell you to stay in this apartment until he said it was okay to leave?" Damon asks. Katherine tries to reply but is unable to.

"You can't say. Did he tell you to do absolutely everything he says until the end of time?"

"No." She replies.

"There's your loophole. Drink this and it'll prevent any further compulsion." Damon says.

"Why are we helping her?" I ask, confused.

"Because despite what she did to me and Stefan, when she ran from Klaus she was just a scared teenager. She doesn't deserve to be tortured by him." He explains.

"Careful. You're showing your soft side again." I reply.

"I might just want to torture her myself." He replies with a glint in his eyes before tossing the vial to Katherine.