A Little Bit Off

January 9th 2010, Mystic Falls, Virginia

Song: A Little Bit Off; Five Finger Death Punch

I'm a little pissed off today and there ain't nothing you can do about it

I'm a little bit put off today and I could not tell you why

Got a really short fuse today and everyone around me's fucking crazy

I'm a little ticked off today, a little pissed off today

(I'm a little bit off today)

Imogen's POV

The following morning I wake up to the sound of Scarlett babbling over the baby monitor.

"I'll get her" Damon says and he climbs out of bed to go and get her.

Once we're all up, fed and dressed, we head to the Gilbert house so I can go through the journal. I find the entry I was looking for, which confirms if the wearer of the Gilbert ring dies at the hands of supernatural being they will come back to life. There's also two of them. We know Alaric has one, and I'm sure 'Uncle John' has the other.

We also see Elena, who now knows that Damon turned her birth Mom into a Vampire and is less than impressed with Damon over it.

"Elena, he didn't know she was your Mom!" I exclaim after she spent 10 minutes ranting about how Damon is bad and I shouldn't be with him.

"He's bad, Immy! A monster! And you're marrying him!"

"It was 2 years ago, Elena. Before he came here. Before he met me. When his humanity was off. Not to mention she found him and begged to be turned. I get you're upset she's a Vampire, but you can't be mad at Damon when it was her fucking choice!"

I stormed out of the house after that, followed by a rather bemused Damon who was carrying Scarlett.

When we get home I'm still angry.

"Come on" Damon says. "Get changed into something beautiful. We're going on a family date."

I get changed and also change Scarlett too. The 3 of us go out for a meal at a nice restaurant.

~°*°~

January 15th 2010, Mystic Falls, Virginia.

Damon's POV

It's Friday, so Imogen is at college this morning and then I'll meet her at the Grill for lunch whilst Scarlett is still at daycare. It's a routine we have fallen into, which usually leads to an afternoon in bed. I'm definitely not complaining.

I'm in the library reading when there is a knock at the door. I open it to see Pearl and Anna stood there.

"Hello Damon." Pearl says. "Can we come in?"

"Nope" I reply. "The only one that could invite you in isn't here."

"Then I suggest you step outside" Pearl says.

"Gladly" I say, and vamp over to her, wrapping my hands around her throat. She grabs hold of my wrist, twists it, and throws me to the ground.

Pearl and Anna take a seat on the wall. "Have a seat, Damon. I was hoping we could have a word."

I sigh and take a seat on the wall. "Sure."

"The Vampires that were in the tomb are all out. We've taken up residence at a farmhouse just outside the town. It'll suffice for now." she tells me.