If The Suspense Doesn't Kill You

February 28th 2010, Mystic Fall, Virginia

Song: Parasite Eve; Bring Me The Horizon

It's the Parasite Eve

Got a feeling in your stomach 'cause you know that it's coming for ya

Leave your flowers and grieve

Don't forget what they told ya, eh-eh

When we forget the infection

Will we remember the lesson?

If the suspense doesn't kill you

Something else will

Damon's POV

I wake the next morning with Imogen practically laid on top of me. I smile and kiss her head whilst tracing abstract patterns on her back.

Yesterday was the first time we've argued and I really didn't like it. It's never bothered me when I've argued with anyone before, I mean Stefan and I fall out all the time, but with Imogen it was completely different. I was upset that I'd upset her, and worried that it was going to be the end of us. At least we're good again. I'm going to have to try and keep my reckless side in check, at least if it puts people in danger. I really don't want to argue with her again.

I'm a little worried about Katherine being in town and I really need to find out what is going on with the Lockwood's. I won't have anyone putting my fiancée or Daughter in danger. I just hope Blondie manages to keep herself in check. Imogen would really fall out with me if I had to kill her.

I sigh happily. I still can't fully believe that this beautiful girl loves me and in a few months we'll be married. I kiss her head again and start to drift off to sleep when the bedroom door opens and Stefan and Elena walk in. Luckily the sheets are covering our naked bodies.

"What the hell? Have you not heard of knocking?" I growl at them. They stop when they see Imogen laid on top of me. She's woken up and is grumbling with her head buried in my neck.

"Errr... sorry." Elena says, blushing. I roll my eyes. Imogen lifts her head slightly and glares at them both.

"Some of us were still sleeping." she grumbles at them.

"We're sorry but we have an idea." Stefan says.

"Well how about you wait until we're dressed." Imogen growls.

"You mean you're... Oh my God." Elena says, blushing furiously.

"This is our room, our bed, and we're engaged. Do you think we sleep in snow suits?" I ask with a raised eyebrow. Imogen chuckles at me.

"We'll be downstairs." Stefan says, leading Elena out of the room.

"Finally, some sense." Imogen says. She moves so she is straddling me and leans down to kiss me. I'm already hard and her new position means my erection is now teasing her core.

"Hmmm" I hum as I kiss her back. "Are we going to make them wait a while?"

"Absolutely. Scarlett is still asleep so let's take advantage." She replies before rocking her hips so I enter her.

"It doesn't matter how many times we do this, it still feels incredible." I growl as I move my hips in time with hers. She hums in agreement and I kiss down her jaw and her neck. She moans in response and sits up, moving her hips faster as she chases her release. I can tell she's close and I know I am too, so I slip a hand down to rub circles on her clit knowing it will tip her over the edge. Her walls clench around me as she shouts my name which tips me over the edge too. She collapses back on top of me and I wrap my arms around her, kissing her lazily.