31│STAGE III: ACCEPTANCE

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Good news," Rich smiled as he rushed up to Natasha when she entered the precinct, "Peralta's been cutting down on his cry breaks all week and yesterday he didn't even need the whole allotted hour. So, I would say it is safe to assume we are now in stage three; acceptance."

"He is sitting up in his chair and his shirt only has the normal amount of stains," Natasha nodded and smiled, "Guess we really are in the clear."

"Not exactly," Rich smiled sheepishly, "I spilled coffee on my computer so I need you to file for a replacement for me. Now before you yell at me, it wasn't my fault. I was watching this telenovela your Abuelita told me about it so we could discuss it and she did not prepare me for the emotional rollercoaster I was about to get on."

"Rich!" She glared at him as he quickly ran away from her before shaking her head and sighing. She walked over to Jake's desk and smiled, "Hey, Peralta."

"Het, Tasha," He smiled up at her and turned his chair to face her.

"So, Lover Boy's finally not a burrito," Adam commented when Natasha passed her and handed her a cup of coffee.

"I don't think he's the only loverboy here," She sang with a smirk and took a sip of her coffee.

"What are you talking about," He raised a brow and crossed his arms coolly.

"Oh, so this is how you want to play it?" She laughed, "Okay, fine."

Before they could talk any further Raymond called everyone into the briefing room.

"All right, everyone, enough morning chitchat," He called once everyone was seated, "Television happened, commutes were difficult, Boyle had a dream."

Charles grinned at the chance to tell everyone about his dream. "I laid a goose egg on this-"

"That's enough," Raymond cut him off uninterestedly, "A pipe burst in the nine-eight, rendering the building uninhabitable. They'll be sharing our space until the problem is fixed."

The 99 all huffed and groaned in obvious distaste at the news.

"Oh, what?" Gina scoffed, "A whole other precinct in here? We're already packed in like sardines."

"Man, I sure will love to be here to greet all these annoying losers, but sadly, Boyle and I are going to be on a stakeout all week," Jake explained in mock sadness.

"Yeah, just two best buds stinking up a Saturn with our druthers of tunes and personal pan pizzas," Charles nodded with a fake frown.

"That sucks," The two mumbled as they shared a fist bump.

"No one enjoyed that," Raymond informed them before addressing the rest of the 99, "Look, I know this is an inconvenience; however, I expect you all to be accommodating to our guests."