47│BETTING ON ESCAPED CONVICTS

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Cool shirt, Jake," Rosa smiled appreciatively at the gruesome graphic shirt.

Charles' brows furrowed worriedly. "Jake, you watched The Texas Chainsaw Massacre? You know that's too scary for you, you're not going to get a good night's sleep for weeks now."

"Thank you, Charles," Jake smiled tightly, not liking that everyone now knew he was scared of horror movies, "But this is not my shirt. I slept at Tasha's and I spilled ranch dressing on mine."

"He's so scared of the movies, he was too scared to even wear the shirt at first," Natasha whispered to Rosa with a laugh but she smiled fondly at her boyfriend regardless.

"Don't you have a drawer full of clothes at her place by this point?" Terry wondered.

"Yeah, I spilled ranch dressing all over the drawer," He explained as if it should have been obvious, "What's so hard to understand about this, guys?"

"Why don't you two move in together already?" Rosa asked, "I thought you were planning to."

Natasha and Rosa would hang out once a week, renting out a warehouse, playing insanely loud music, and breaking anything and everything they could find. It was oddly very therapeutic and calming for them. And during this time, they would talk, or yell actually, about their week.

It was during this that Natasha had told Rosa about their plans to move in together soon.

"We are. We just haven't decided whose apartment we're going to live in. I think Jake should move into mine, because it's bigger, nicer, and isn't covered in black mold," She rolled her eyes.

"Black mold, Tasha? Not cool," Jake scoffed offendedly, "Right, Terry?"

His brows furrowed in confusion and he threw his hands up in confusion. "What?"

"I rest my case," Jake boasted, "Besides, my place is cheaper and it's in a cooler neighborhood."

"Yeah," Gina scoffed, "That neighborhood is technically called Cobblestink."

"Okay, what we need here is to compromise," Natasha told her boyfriend.

He raised a brow. "Meaning I do what you want and compromise my integrity."

She smiled brightly and nodded. "That's democracy in action."

Before they could discuss the issue any further, Raymond stepped out of his office.

"All right, everyone. Listen up," He called, "We have a situation. Ten minutes ago, a prison van overturned on Nevins Street. It was carrying nine convicts who are now at large. It's our job to bring them in. Ladies and gentlemen, this is a manhunt," He iterated the seriousness of the situation.

"A manhunt," Jake gasped, his eyes lighting up at the prospect of acting out 'The Fugitive', "Okay, what I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse, and doghouse in the area. Your fugitive's name is Dr. Richard Kimble."