37│KEVIN IN PARIS

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Attention, everyone!" Jake called as he walked into the bullpen confidently, "Say good-bye to the Jake Peralta you know and love, for today, is the day I forever change.:

Natasha's eyes twinkled in excitement. "Ooh, are you finally growing a mustache?"

"No, you know I can't do that, and it's cruel of you to keep bringing it up," He whined with a pout.

Jake had even gone as far as supergluing a fake beard to his face when Natasha mentioned how she liked guys with beards. It had not turned out well. They'd spent the night in the ER trying to rip the thing off his face without skinning him alive.

"This envelope contains the inheritance my uncle left me," He explained dramatically, "He died a year ago; he was so rich, he had a whole room in his house just to eat in."

"You mean like a dining room?" Gina scoffed.

"Yeah, but in Manhattan."

Her eyes widened, clearly impressed. "Oh, dang."

"Now, just because I'm definitely rich now doesn't mean I'm gonna forget my roots. You all get something, so fire away."

"Jake, your friendship is gift enough for me," Charles smiled warmly.

"Friendship is crap," Rosa rolled her eyes, "I want a Ducati Monster 821."

Jake nodded. "All right, Rosa gets a motorcycle."

"Oh, cool," Amy chuckled, "I want a fast sports car."

Adam raised a brow and smiled fondly at her. "Come on. You can be honest."

She smiled shyly and tucked her hair back. "I want old, expensive books. I'll send you a list."

Natasha and Rosa shared a look when they noticed the double tuck. Natasha met Adam's gaze and raised a brow with a smirk.

"My lady?" Jake turned to Natasha questioningly.

"Old, expensive throwing knives," She grinned excitedly.

"As long as you sign a contract to never use them on me," He nodded, "Now, let's find out what I'm worth. Oh, I'm too nervous to open it. Sarge, you do it."

"Okay. It's stock. One million shares!" Terry called excitedly as the rest cheered.

"Oh, my God!" Jake gasped in delight.

Terry's face fell. "Of Blockbuster Video stock."

The 99's faces fell and their cheers turned to sounds of disappointment.

"What? Is that bad? I still have a Blockbuster card! What happened to Blockbuster?" Jake cried.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼