22│THE MOLE HUNT

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Whoo! Extreme!" Jake entered the 99 with a confident smirk, "Oh, you guys are probably curious about this. It's no biggie. My car's in the shop, so I rode in on Rosa's motorcycle. I guess you could say I'm a gear head now."

"He held on to me so tight, it was like a two-mile Heimlich," Rosa scoffed with a laugh.

"Those things have no walls on them," He defended before he paused, "Captain, why are you sitting at my desk?"

"Lieutenant Miller from Internal Affairs is here," Raymond explained stiffly, clearly frustrated with his impromptu visit, "He's taken over my office. Apparently, someone has been leaking classified information to a criminal syndicate. The entire squad is under investigation."

"That's crazy. No one here's a mole," Jake scoffed immediately.

"How can you be so sure?" He raised a brow, unconvinced.

"Because I know these guys. I know everything about them."

"Well, you're a poor police officer if you don't think people can surprise you."

"Not these people," Jake shook his head adamantly, "Here, watch this. I know what everyone's gonna do tonight. It's Thursday, so Gina's gonna leave early to rehearse with her new dance group, Dancy Reagan. They're the first ladies of movement. Amy's gonna be going over her weekly budget. And Charles will be attending a 'pizza for one' cooking class."

Charles smiled and called out. "Tonight's menu; Pepper-alone-I."

"Oh, Charles," Natasha sighed as she gave him a sympathetic look.

"I'll bring you a few slices tomorrow, I want Lydia to try it," He didn't seem to realize how sad this class was.

"Rich is trying to get Tasha to listen to his date ideas for her and Jay," He bristled as they turned their attention to Natasha and Rich.

Rich was following after her as he waved a handful of menus and called after her. "This one has five-star reviews but the ambiance of this place gives me a more romantic vibe. Ooh, this place has the best wine list you will ever-"

"Rich, I'm serious, if you don't shut up I will shoot you," Natasha growled as she finally turned to face him.

"Oh, I do love our banter," He grinned at her, "Now if we decide to go with this restaurant then I think you should go with a black dress. But if we're thinking of going here then we should go for a sleek look, y'know pinned back hair and-"

"There is no 'we'. We are not discussing this anymore," She demanded sharply.

"Rich will you give her a break," Jay sighed as he joined them, wrapping an arm around her comfortingly and kissing the top of her head.

The two stiffened when a flash went off and Rich squealed. They turned to see him with a camera pointed straight at them.

"I'm sorry I just couldn't resist," He shrugged, "You two are my favorite FBI-police-crossover couple after all. Oh, Lydia is going to love this one!"