Chapter 13: I'm Scared

George POV

"Dream? I'm scared."

In complete honesty, I was. The way those men looked down on me really stuck with me. I'm so weak. It made me feel irrelevant. I could see dream, barely. The only light in the room was the low emitting light of the 12 hour clock on the wall. I could just barely see his face. He seemed fine, a bit confused and still bruising but he was okay.

I couldn't sleep. I didn't want to go to sapnap. He's a heavy sleeper and he already hates me. He'd hate me even more if I woke him up. Plus, I was worried about dream. He was hurt pretty bad after the fight and he was definitely not proud of it. I needed to show him I wasn't mad.

So I went to dream. I know I shouldn't have. I know it was risky. But I wanted him so bad.

I was stood, wrapped in a thin blanket I found waiting for dream to reply. I shuffled from one foot to the other, as the floor was cold and I wasn't wearing socks.

"Okay, okay. What do you need?"

"I need you. I need company."

He sighed. He rubbed his face and sat up properly. He was topless. He was topless.

"George, you know that's probably not a good idea."

"We both want it and it's just for tonight. Just come sleep with me. That's it. We'll just sleep. I'm sure it'll be comfier than the couch."

He paused. Considered it. I just stood and watched.

"George of course I would but-"

"Please. Pleasee dreamm."

I was practically begging him. If he wanted me to, I would.

"Fine George, but be quiet. Sapnap will kill us if he finds out."

"True. Very true." I whispered.

"And is that my blanket?"

"Yes I'm sorry it was cold coming down. It was quite chilly in my room too actually."

"I could just turn the heating up idiot. You should've asked."

"I'm sorry." But he just smiled at me.

"George do you want me to put a shirt on? I never usually wear one to bed that's why I don't have it on but if you're uncomfortable I can out one on.."

"No no." I said a little too quickly. "You're good. It can stay off."

He smirked.

"Okay, come with me." he laced his fingers in mine and I was complete.

So we went to turn the heating up. It was on a panel in the wall. It was pretty easy, I just didn't know where it was and it felt rude to do it without dream being here.

"If you ever need something George, you only need to ask."

"I know, thankyou."

With that finished, we both climbed up the stairs, eager to get in bed. It was like 3am and we were both giggling. I could feel him behind me and that feeling consumed me. It wasn't in a negative way, dream just becomes my only thought when he's near.

Why the fuck did dream have so many stairs? I looked back and caught his eye. He was grinning, that makes me so happy. However, on the inside we were both ridiculouly tired, but we chose to ignore it.

We got to the room and that's when dream stopped. He looked anxious. I knew what he was thinking. But this wasn't going to go wrong. It was just to sleep. I knew he needed the reassurance, the confirmation. So I held out my hand. "It's okay, Dream. It's just to sleep." He offered his in return and I took it and pulled him into the room.

"Just to sleep." He nodded.

It was dark but we could both just see. There was a small light peeping through the curtains and that was about it.

I dragged him onto bed. How were we going to do this. What's an appropriate position?

"How do you wanna sleep George?"

He read my mind.

He was sat in the middle of the bed, legs crossed, waiting patiently. He wanted me to make all the moves, despite our agreed intentions. Our intentions are friendship right now so I needed to think rationally. How would I sleep with sapnap? Ew no, I don't think so.

In the end I figured just to go with it. So I pushed him so he was lying down. He raised his eyebrows and I just giggled. I then dragged myself onto his chest and my legs fit perfectly, wrapped between his.

I could hear his heart beat and I felt the rise and fall of his chest. I moved up slightly and he winced.

"I'm sorry." I obviously hit a bruise.

"No it's okay."

"I can move if you want?"

"No I can take it don't worry."

By "it" he meant the pain.

"But dream-"

"George, shhhh."

One of his hands settled in my hair and the other was supporting his head, under his pillow. He was toying with my hair, slowly raking through it. I don't think that's really a "friend" thing to do but I didn't see it as pushing any of my boundaries so I just let it happen.

I heard his breathing slow, and his heart rate settle. It wasn't long until he was asleep. His hand slipped from my head and fell to my back.

I looked up at him, his messy hair and his bruised face. He had exceptionally long eyelashes and a beautifully shaped nose. I'd only just noticed. Despite the bruises, this man was gorgeous.

I hadnt seen much of dream today. I flew here, I got in the car, we got to his house unpacked. Went to see the pool. Then the whole shopping thing, which dream didn't even need to do anyway we just bought extras of what he already had. And of course the beach. I don't get why he'd do that for me.

He got himself beaten up, he won but he was still pretty shaken up. There were three guys against one. The odds weren't in his favour, yet he still fought. He fought for me.

He did it because he loved me. He's respecting my boundaries, he's making me happy and he's so very in love with me. I know Dream would do anything for me. And I would so the same for him. Always.

I decided in that very moment, I was in love with dream.

I was in love with dreamwastaken.

______________________________

1091 words

God it's about time 🙄

Ahahah lol